Friday, July 11, 2008

moment of panic

My husband get's home from work around 11:30pm. Sometimes I just can't stay awake long enough to wait for him and last night was one of those nights. I fell asleep with Jordan in his room. Well, this morning I woke up at 7:00 and was almost ready to leave for work when I decided it would be a good idea to wake Derek up. ....He wasn't in bed. I checked all the rooms and couches in the house and he was no where! Then I realized that Aries (dog) was outside where I left him last night (quite unusual) and I started to panic. Both rushing and hesitating (it's possible because I did it) I went otuside to see if his car was there...no! ahhh, had he not come home? had he been in an accident? I decided not to completely lose it until I called his cell phone. "hello?" he answered with a really weird voice. "oh good, he's alive" I thought"WHERE ARE YOU?" I said, trying not to yell. "Dentist" he said, "orry, I ave to go." I checked the calendar (which would have been wise to do earlier) and sure enough -Friday, July 11th, Derek, Dentist 7:00-. PHEW!
So, now that I know everyone is safe and sound I have a few surprising spare moments that were previously unplanned for. That means I have time to blog,( Hooray!) even if it was just time enough to share about my scare.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

HOW SCARY!!!!!

You sound like you have been BUSY! Geesh! Slow down once in a while, k???

And in case you aren't a regular blog reader, be sure to leave a comment on my giveaway post so you can have the chance to win a BEAUTIFUL NEW DRESS....wouldn't that be so fun? Check it out!!