Friday, July 11, 2008

Update

O.k. I have about 8 more minutes until Derek comes home, we can trade off, and I can hussle my bussle to work. Thus...time for another post :)
UPDATE
Jordan -- is hilarious! He's always been vocal, but now he is insanely loud. He screams when he's happy, he screams, when he's sad, and yes, of course when he's mad. In between the screams are sounds of "ddd da da dd da da", something very similar to a whale's song, "haaa haa " like he's trying to tell us hi and lots and lots of laughter. The sounds only stop long enough to taste test his most recent find. He's constantly smiling. Even when he's mad, if you do something funny or rock him really hi when he's crying, he can't help but smile. He has finally got the hang of sitting up and his quite proud of himself. He get's the really liberated look when he sitting and able to bend and look around without tumbling to the ground. He rolls with a purpose. He may not no how to crawl but if there is a treasure within his sight, even if it's clear across the room, he'll find away to get there. He brins me so much joy. I love this little boy!
Jadelyn -- She really likes being 5 and feels the need to let everyone know. She's quite polite (especially with strangers or newly met friends) and says excuse me and miss and mr alot. She figures things out so well it's scary. I'm constantly amazed at ther wit and problem solving sills. We have a lot of fun with her.
Conny -- She had a birthday on July 8th. Birthday's are VERY big news in Conny land. We took her to a barbecue yesterday sponsored by health and welfare, and got introduced to Self Direction. She loved that it was HER event. Her mom and brother were there as well which was just so exciting she could hardly contain herself. The main topics of conversation that she must tell everyone these days are: 5 people in our family, mary and jim don't count, 2 dogs, her birthday was Tuesday, she saw her mom on Wed, She had sinus surgery (many weeks ago) we will go to church on Sunday, no one else in the family goes to her first church class, she got cookies for her birthday, and she wasnts a sandwich for her lunch.
Derek -- Very busy going to school part time and working full time. He's a little overwhelmed at times but has been balancing really well. He's quite impressive. We get to go on late night walks together and I look forward to that time of walking in the warm summer night weather with great conversation and my favorite hand to hold.
me -- I'm on my 4th consecutive week of working out reguarly and maintaing a healthy diet. That's a REALLY long time for me. I feel really great. I'm still working part-time at Blip Color, but we'll end pretty quickly..about a month. wow! Currently I'm getting ready for my first ever (as a married woman) yard sale. usually we just doante to D.I. but my cousin really wants to raise some money and ahs a few items to sell, but not really enough to be attractive as a yard sale. She petitioned me and sinc our house is overflowing with unused items, I agreed. Derek and I have gone through our storage unit and were opening boxes that haven't been looked at in over 6 years. It was really fun for us and we enjoyed realing old letters and trying decipher why certain iotems were saved or what little clues left in the calendar scetion of old planners were supposed to mean.
Happy Late Independence Day!

6 comments:

Cassie and Mark said...

If I were closer I would donate items to your garage sale! Congratulations on your excercise and healthy eating plan! I am very impressed! Keep up the good work!

Kimberlee said...

Lacy Spacy-
So happy for an update and so bummed we missed you when you came into town! We were actually at home, but I had left my phone in the car and didn't get the message until Sunday. :(

Janelle said...

First of all, you sure can write an incredible "update" in less than 8 minutes! Second-way to go on the healthy lifestyle! Though, it doesn't surprise me at all. You're just good like that. :) I can't believe you're almost done at Blip! I'm going need more regular updates so I can keep "seeing" you! :)

Nick and Karalynn said...

I'm impressed! That's a lot to type in 8 minutes... :)

Terha said...

Hey Lacy, I sent you an invite to our blog... did you ever get it??? Could it have gone to your junk folder??

Cassie and Mark said...

I'm ready for another update when you have another 8 minutes to spare!