"Look unto me in every thought. Doubt not, fear not" - Doctrine and Covenants 6:36
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" - John 16:33
I had an amazing Sunday.
Derek and I now teach a class of 10 boys ages 9 & 10. They are fun, sweet, eager to learn, eager to talk, and a tad bit rowdy. Our lesson was about John the baptist be foreordained to prepare the way for Jesus Christ and how each of was foreordained to do something to build up the Lord's kingdom on the Earth.
This coming Sunday, Elder Nelson of the Twelve Apostles is coming to speak to our stake! I am so excited. In preparation for that (It was announced only on Jan. 2nd) our stake (Buhl, Filer, Holister, and Jackpot) is having a Choir sing. I had a touching experience on Sunday with the choir that again testified to me of the love that my Father in Heaven has for me and his knowledge of me personally. He answers my prayers, comforts me, and guides me.
That night we had a firseide for families at the church. (not really around a fire, the name stems from an old tradition). There were 3 speakers, one of which was Kurt Kruiser (I can't remember his real last name). He's well known in our area for being a radio dj, tv personality, and night club owner. Two years ago he repented, changed his ways and came back to God. All of the talks were really good, and his was no exception. His testimony was so powerful. I was a crying mess that whole day. Good tears though. I was trying to explain what happy tears were to Jordan. He's tring to grasp the concept that someone can be so happy that they cry, but he thinks it's a little "silly" and it still worries him.
Come unto Jesus; he'll surely hear you, if you in meekness plead for his love. Oh, know you not that angels are near you, from brightest mansions above?
Monday, January 17, 2011
For the Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment