I love them.
I eat them for late night snacks, but I'd take them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well.
If given the opportunity I can read an average sized book in a day. We will call average about 350-400 pages. It is true. I don't mind sitting or laying in various positions for hours on end as I dive into the imagination of the author. I do however don't get to do that very often without twinges of guilt that say "even though your daughter is at school and your son is watching a movie you should still be doing something else vacuuming, or unpacking a box that you should have unpacked 2 months ago, or watching the movie with your son, or hey not letting him watch his second movie of the day or something else that shows progress." So when that happens I do the chapter game. Read a chapter, do a task. Read a chapter, play with Jordan. Read a chapter, change out of my pajamas. ;) Once in a while I realize that I've read a relatively long book in a day and a half and vow that I will not read ever again ... for awhile.
My husband thinks I'm amazing, and odd, and ... addicted. He says he doesn't need to read because me telling him about the book is like he read it himself. I read Jane Eyre, told my friend about it, and that night she said to her husband " I read Jane Eyre today".
This talent/curse however doesn't seem to transfer to books that matter. Give me a book of importance and I'm good reading a chapter a day, or evder other day. Heck, if it's realy important I might read it once a week. Then when I'm finished I need to read it again to really understand it. That is a frustrating thing. Currently I'm reading a brain book. Since it's actually a true and important book, of course I can't even rember the real title. When I finish I'll read it again so I can actually get some use from it. I started reading this brain book about a month ago, since then I've started and finished 3 other not so brain books. oops.
I recently read a book that I really liked. Would any of you like it? I'm really not sure. None-the-less, I liked it. Infact, I even LOVED parts of it. Don't mistunderstand though, it's not an alltogether happy book. I've grown to really like fantasy books, especially Mythopaeic Fantasy. I read my first fantasy book as a challenge 2 years ago. I would have never picked one up on my own. Now I seem drawn to them. My newly read book is called Graceling. I stumbled upon the authors blog a little while ago and I read several posts. I love it! She posts every couple days about random things and thoughts just like we do. Ok I can't really include myself in that statement since mine is more accurately every couple of months, not days. This author, whose name I've currently forgotten (hahaha) is taking trapese classes. I love it! She's breaking out of her comfort zone and trying something that she's really not good out or comfortable doing. She posts many pictures of her tumbling and stumbling, and then flying! That's what we do people. We tumble, we stumble...alot...and then we fly.
I learn alot from the books I read, even the fantastical ones.
Some fun adventures I've taken recently:
I eat them for late night snacks, but I'd take them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well.
If given the opportunity I can read an average sized book in a day. We will call average about 350-400 pages. It is true. I don't mind sitting or laying in various positions for hours on end as I dive into the imagination of the author. I do however don't get to do that very often without twinges of guilt that say "even though your daughter is at school and your son is watching a movie you should still be doing something else vacuuming, or unpacking a box that you should have unpacked 2 months ago, or watching the movie with your son, or hey not letting him watch his second movie of the day or something else that shows progress." So when that happens I do the chapter game. Read a chapter, do a task. Read a chapter, play with Jordan. Read a chapter, change out of my pajamas. ;) Once in a while I realize that I've read a relatively long book in a day and a half and vow that I will not read ever again ... for awhile.
My husband thinks I'm amazing, and odd, and ... addicted. He says he doesn't need to read because me telling him about the book is like he read it himself. I read Jane Eyre, told my friend about it, and that night she said to her husband " I read Jane Eyre today".
This talent/curse however doesn't seem to transfer to books that matter. Give me a book of importance and I'm good reading a chapter a day, or evder other day. Heck, if it's realy important I might read it once a week. Then when I'm finished I need to read it again to really understand it. That is a frustrating thing. Currently I'm reading a brain book. Since it's actually a true and important book, of course I can't even rember the real title. When I finish I'll read it again so I can actually get some use from it. I started reading this brain book about a month ago, since then I've started and finished 3 other not so brain books. oops.
I recently read a book that I really liked. Would any of you like it? I'm really not sure. None-the-less, I liked it. Infact, I even LOVED parts of it. Don't mistunderstand though, it's not an alltogether happy book. I've grown to really like fantasy books, especially Mythopaeic Fantasy. I read my first fantasy book as a challenge 2 years ago. I would have never picked one up on my own. Now I seem drawn to them. My newly read book is called Graceling. I stumbled upon the authors blog a little while ago and I read several posts. I love it! She posts every couple days about random things and thoughts just like we do. Ok I can't really include myself in that statement since mine is more accurately every couple of months, not days. This author, whose name I've currently forgotten (hahaha) is taking trapese classes. I love it! She's breaking out of her comfort zone and trying something that she's really not good out or comfortable doing. She posts many pictures of her tumbling and stumbling, and then flying! That's what we do people. We tumble, we stumble...alot...and then we fly.
I learn alot from the books I read, even the fantastical ones.
Some fun adventures I've taken recently:
I've gone to Mount Olympus with Percy Jackson

I crossed Geldan's mountain pass in freezing weather with Katsa and watched as she fought a mountain lion...and won.

I traveled to a hostile city with Razzo and learned what it's like to speak the language of water.

To finish my rambling book post: One of my favorite books, the Hunger Games, has officially cast the actress for the leading roll of Katniss. Jennifer Lawrence will play Katniss Everdeen. She's already started archery lessons and tree climbing. It comes out March of 2012. I'm excited!! People....you MIGHT even see me wear a 'Team Peta' Shirt. Ok, you probably won't, but let me tell you, I am excited. AND I'm so excited that it's going to be PG13. I felt like the book was PG13, but because it's about a fight to the death many thought the director would take it to the extreme and have it be R. I was hopeful that it would remain riveting but not too graphic, just like the book. It turns out my hopes are being realized. Hooray for Hunger Games. OK, I'm dorky. Hmm, maybe you should write a book about me. People like reading about dorks, right? It makes them feel better about themselves, or makes them laugh.
Totally unrelate thought. This dorks husband hasn't had work for while now. He's had a job...but just no work. Tomorrow he has a job interview bright and early. Oh! I need to iron his shirt.
2 comments:
ooh!! Let's make Team Peeta shirts and go to the premier...in Hollywood...or here, but still. We should.
I never ended up wearing team shirts. However Derek did get me a mickingjst shirt and I wore it every time :)
Post a Comment