This was our first Thanks giving in our new house (new to us, newly built, but a rental).
This was our second Thanks Giving living in Teton Valley.
My parents came and it was lovely. Here are a few points to remember:
- Smallest turkey ever. With a gravy packet inside. ๐ค And.... No turkey legs. ๐คฏ I didn't know those existed. It was delicious (Alton browns turkey for the win) , but you know, weird. Since Derek's favorite part is the dark meat, to have none was pretty sad. However, he's the one who picked out the turkey so at least it wasn't on me ๐
- My dad teaching Jade some of his chess skills
- Banned words - it's a game we picked up somewhere no idea where, maybe a yard sale. It was a d teaching my parents was a hilarious struggle. At one point I asked my dad what he thought of this game "It's ridiculous", said in a soft laughing voice.
- Mom made the cranberry salad.
- The rolls were a failure ๐
- Everything else was delicious and I vividly remember Jordan and Derek commenting so.
- Jade made a Gluten Free sour cream lemon pie at my request and it was delicious.
- Charcuterie board that I had made for us. Beautiful but not as tasty as we've done ourselves. Same with our I bought from her
- Dad brought some cherry pies too.
I know I'm forgetting important details! I'm glad I'm getting what I do remember down NOW because I'm sure when I read this in 10 years it will all be news to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment