Jadelyn's 5th Birthday cake. This is her snake cake for the jungle themed birthday party. Derek decorated it and he did VERY quickly I might add. Can you tell it's staring out you? and do you see his fruit roll up tongue? hisssssss
Jadelyn really wanted to eat the head. The gummy explosion life saver/raisinette eyes were just too irresissssssstable. (that's my attempt at snake talk :)
This was probably the most UNeventful ride at Lagoon and Jadelyn rode it at least 6 times. It was her birthday. If she wanted to ride Bulgy the whale round and around in circles then I let her, and I smiled and waved every time she passed like a good mommy.
...even the 4oth time around :)
yeah..really dark I know, but if you use your cat eyes you can see my darling daughter torturing/loving (depends on who you're asking) my adorable son.
We all had a really wonderful time planning and celebrating Jades 5Th birthday. Now those of you who weren't there got to have a LITTLE peek into our festivities. She's been 5 for a month and 14 days. We enjoy it immensely. She's learning every minute and thoroughly enjoys life (unless you ask her if she had fun at a certain event and then the answer is almost always "well, not very much fun, it wasn't long enough"...we're working on that :) Lately, one of her favorite things to do has been playing food network. She loves to make smoothies. We let her add whatever she wants (usually) and they turn out really well, in spite of some of the "unusual" ingredients. Today She made a "soup" while I made dinner. Derek taught her how to cut carrots and celery (with intense supervision of course) and then she mixed water, seasonings and pineapple ice cream topping with the ccut veggies. She then put it in the microwave "1 minute and 1 sec " and then another 1 minute and then another 30 sec" Next she got everyone out a bowl and served them some soup as a side dish to compliment the dinner I made. Crazy as it may sound, the flavor was actually really good. It might have made a nice sauce or something if had gone through the food processor. She kept saying "It was my first time making soup and I was just experimenting so don't be too hard on me. I think you'll like it you try it"
These days she's our little Chef. We might as well skip kindergarten and go straight to culinary school. 5 year old girls are "really big and smart" you know.
4 comments:
Yum! Or not really.
What a fun birthday! So did you get a new camera? Or are you just posting from the past? Am so curious!
Happy birthday Jadelyn! It looks like you guys had quite a fun time.
Love the pictures and birthday description. You are an AWESOME mom, Lacy!
Post a Comment