yeah...alot of halloween related posts, I know. Oh well. :)
My husband loves carving pumpkins and is quite good at. However this year and last (since his main pumpkin carving buddy has been on a mission in DC) his plans have been bigger than his action. He gets about 4 pumpkins just for him and searches out the most complicated patterns ever. This year he managed to finish one of his patterns, and all though he "messed up a few times" it still looks pretty cool. The other pumpkins MIGHT become cool thanksgiving carvings, a pumkin treat, or most likely just be yard decoration until they decay so much we have to toss them. The year before last ,some unnamed genius moved 2 of the unused pumkins downstairs into the storage room. They completly got covered up and forgotten about until the stench was too strong to ignore (11mo. later) and the pumkins had become orange mush all over the carpet. Gross...I know. Since then we have done very well to at least keep the floor clear and the pumpkins outside. :)
The spider is mine, not as elaborate as Derek's, but still fun. We like to hear the comments of trick or treaters as they walk up our steps "wwwoooww" "look at that awesome pumpkin" and "now that is a great pumpkin, well done, well done indeed" that last one was froma 10 yr old girl and we thought it was cute to hear her say that. I pretend their comments are directed at my spider as well as the joker. Oh, I don't think their is a picture of my AWESOME spider. It might be better that way. Now we can imagine him much more intricate then he really is :)
This is part of our halloween wall. I colored a few of those so that can be my claim to fame...derek can have the pumpkin carving.
8 comments:
Wow, that is quite the pumpkin. Way to go on being ambitious enough to carve a masterpiece like that! (That was to both you and Derek)
How fun, Lacy! Derek did do a wonderful job, but so did you on the coloring pages! :)
And don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the pirate stuff! I just need to get my buns over to you! :)
That is amazing! What an awesome job!
And I am surprised you even bought pumpkins again this year! If I had smelled those rotten ones, that would have done me in!@!
I'm sure your spider was way better...
Holy Shmoly! You’z gotz skillz. :) That's some pumpkin awesomeness!
Lacy I just saw your blog from my sister's Amanda. It's so fun to see you and your family. It's been a long time since I last saw you! Your kids are adorable. I can't believe you have a daughter that age. It seems like yesterday when we did Annie!
Retha Stanger (Nesmith)
I so invited you! Didn't I? I seriously thought I did. On face book. Ok, yes, I just checked. And I did! So now you don't have to feel like you're inviting yourself! I'm excited to see you! Hooray!
Lacy, I love your Blog. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm waiting for an update!
Love Ya!
Aunt Nita
Post a Comment