Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Singing with the Boy

Jordan is SO fun to sing with. Sometimes he starts jamming out as soon as I open my mouth (even if it's as simple as me making up a song about cottage cheese). Other times he looks like he's not paying attention at all and then when I get to a part he likes his face lights up and he mimics me. I have a friend who would always sing row row row your boat with a fun ending. Instead of merrily...she did "and if you see a crocodile don't forget to scream ahhh" Jordan bobbs his little head and wiggles his shoulders while I sing (or pretends to row a boat) and then when I say ahh he mimcs me with the cutest ever ahhh and then giggles hysterically.

As much as he likes music, he definitely knows what he likes and what he doesn't. Many songs get the 'no shake' as soon as I start to sing them. Others songs or hand games are asked for repeatedly, such as: round and round the race track goes the little mayor, or this little piggy, and of course row row row your boat.

I would love more song and hand game ideas. What are some of your favorties? list them all pretty please. Jordan and I thank you!

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

Ahh..he's just like his mama!

Here are some of our favorites:

Speckled Frog
Five little speckled frogs
Sat on a speckled log
Eating some most delicious bugs
YYYYUUUUMMMM YYYYUUUUMMMM

One jumped into the pool
Where it was nice and cool
Then there were
Four speckled frogs
GGGGLLLLUUUUBBBB GGGGLLLLUUUUBBBB

(Repeat with four, then three)

Little Green Frog
[stick tongue out on 2nd "Mm" & open mouth wide for Aahh!]
Mm, Mm went the little green frog one day,
Mm, Mm went the little green frog,
Mm, Mm went the little green frog one day,
And they all went Mm, Mm, Aahh!

But!
We all know frogs go, [CLAP]
Lahdeedahdeedah! [CLAP]
Lahdeedahdeedah! [CLAP]
Lahdeedahdeedah!
We all know frogs go, [CLAP]
Lahdeedahdeedah!
They don't go Mm,Mm, Aahh!

And, of course theres:
Knick, Knack, Paddy Whack
Pop Goes the Weasel
Bringing home a baby bumblebee
Hickory Dickory Dock
Ten in the bed
Ravioli
A Peanut Sat on a Railroad Track

We have these (http://www.kidscds.org/music/sing-a-long/playtime/twin933cd/) cd's which we love and visit this website (http://bussongs.com/) to learn new fun songs.