Today is the last day of September and man fall is coming in with a vengeance. It's so windy and cold. I can't believe the day before yesterday was in the high 80's.
Jordan finally started likeing books the past 2 months and will actually let me finish the entire thing IF he likes that particular book. If he thinks it's too lame to finish he closes it smiles up at me and says "dun dun" It kind of sounds more like din though. He's still not very in to using his words. It's amazing how expressive and communicative one can be with out words. He does a pretty good job.
His current favorite books are:
Way Down Deep in the Deep Blue Sea (it turns out all the sea animals the boy meets are really his bath toys, it's cute, and even though it's repetitive and we read it several times a day, I still like it. Now that's saying alot.
What Animals Do by Richard Scarry
Match Shapes with me
It has 3 rotating shapes in the middle of the book that you flip to match the shapes on each page. YOu match the shape of her beads, her toys, the flowers, street signs, and cakes. It's a sure winner with the little ones.
Things That Go
a very thick page book with funky shaped pages that all the different types of construction vehicles, police vehicles, tractors and such.
He also likes any book with lift up tabs. He's not always super gentle though...sorry dragon book.
I'm looking forward to when he likes I love You Stinky Face. It's still too wordy for him but he just has to like. It's stinkin cute.
Tomorrow I do Storytime at the library. It will be my first time and I'm kinda nervous. Silly, I know because they're only like 3 yrs old. Still...I'm kinda nervous.
I've been reading The No.1 Ladies Detective agency. It's kind of a slow go for me. I'm on page 72 and I'm liking it alot more now. However It will really have to pull out all the stop to reach a 5 or even 4 star rating from me. The rating thing refers to Good Reads. If you like to read you should check it out. It's a great way to read reviews on books to see if they're worth your time.
Happy Reading!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
One Last September post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What fun books, Lacy! And when does storytime start at the library? I bet Eric would love that! And it would be great to see you! ;)
Post a Comment