
Yes, I know it is now October and a more appropriate theme would have been leaves, halloween, or something else fall related. Oh well :) The mom doing story time next week is doing a fall theme and so I gave her the books I had checked out for this week and I switched to sea life. I liked my sea life books better anyway :)
Jadelyn didn't have school today so I let her be my helper and she loved it. She helped me choose the sea creature clipart for our ocean art, learned the song to help sing it, tried to keep Jordan from going crazy (she's only 6 so I can't blame her for not being completely successful at this task) helped me cut out the sea creatures, suggested Commotion in the Ocean, and came up with the idea of using a white crayon for waves on blue construction paper.
The books we read were:
Way Down Deep in the Deep Blue Sea by Jan Peck
Snappy's Surprise - a finger puppet ocean playground book by Alicia Karasiuk
Ocean Commotion by Giles Andrea
Sharks by Carolyn Caclulich for the Australian Museum
We sang:
The Fish in the ocean to the tune of The Wheels on the Bus
the verses were: fish-swim, lobster-snap, crab-click, octopus-wiggle
Treat:
Gummy fish and sea creatures
Art:
Ocean pictures with blue construction paper, white crayons and glued on way cute sea creatures that they cut out and colored.
I was nervous for no reason. It was fun and I'm excited to do it again.
1 comment:
Fun!
Post a Comment