We started October off by attening The Haunted Forest at Magic Mountain on the evening of October 1st. It was far away. It was really cold. and My daughter had a ball!
Inside the lodge they had about 10 games set up as a kids carnival.
• Cake Walk - you played until you won. The prize was an individual cupcake (very yummy) with a cool halloween creature on top ie: spider, caterpillar
• Plinko
• Fortune Teller
• Pick a Duck
• Pumpkin Shoot
• Marshmellow Bobbing
• Fishing Pond
• Pick a Duck
• Bean Bag Toss
• Dart Board (with balls instead of darts)
It was a small area but it worked really well. Each games was really cute and all the workers were dressed up.
The Haunted walk was outside in the forest of course. It snowed that day so the snow illuminated everything and made it a little less scary. They went to alot of work for it. You finish the walk off with a slide down the hill. Jordan (almost 2) wasn't frightened but Jadelyn(6) was. She wasn't crying or anything and she enjoyed it, but she kept saying "nobody jump out at me, nobody jump out at me"
TIP: If you go, limit your group to 5-7. They lumped the 5 of us with a group of 7 teenagers and most of the frights were wasted on them. Unless your child is unique, under 6 probably won't like the forest part.
PRICES: When we went everything was 2 for the price of 1. BONUS! Normally prices are:
• Adults (12 & up) - $10 • Kids (11& under) - $5 • Kids Carnival - $5 for a punch card worth about 14 games. They also have treats and drinks for sale.
Halloween Planetarium Show
I thought last Saturday was the FREE STAR PARTY at the Herrets Center and Planetarium. I was wrong. I took Jadelyn while Derek was at The General Priesthood session and my mom stayed with Jordan. I was glad I brought the debit card with me because it turned out to be a Halloween Planetarium Show. We decided to stay. They basically played Halloween music and had a show picture show on the planetarium screen. It was enjoyable. JAdelyn really liked it. There were some really life like and SCARY masks they showed. She covered her eyes for that part, but she liked the rest. IF any other pretty scary thinks creeped up we would just joke about them so they didn't seem scary. They had some fun dancing skeletons and bats that looked like they were flying right over your head. She also really liked the spider part and the Grim Reeper. She wants to be a Grim Reeper for halloween (I managed to talk her out of it last year, but I haven't had any luck this year) so she really liked that part.
It was $9 for the 2 of us.

2 comments:
What fun! I have yet to make it to the Magic Mountain forest, but still really want to! And I'm glad your trip to the planetarium wasn't a total bust! It's nice when things turn out alright, even if it's not what was planned!
P.S. Love the idea of Poison Ivy! Thanks for sharing!! I still think that would be a fantastic look on you, tho! ;)
I want to go to the Magic Mountain forest.
We ended up going quartz on our countertops. I LOVE IT! It actually costs about $1500 more that our granite bid, but they promised a 4 day turn around. $1500 is a small price to pay when you've been without a sink for what seems like ETERNITY! :)
And you better believe I have a cold sore.
Post a Comment