Saturday, October 10, 2009

Welcome to My Dreams

Have you ever had a dream that is so real and so terrifying your screaming and crying at the top of your lungs but it's all trapped in the bubble of the subconscious? I just woke up from such a vivid dream that I'm wishing I could snap shot my brain right now and make a movie of it. It was so original and let me tell you, it had me at the edge of my seat.
The first time I awoke from my dream I was panicked and breathing erratically. Derek was comforting me. I was only half awake so most of his words, and mine, were a swirling blur in my ears. Knowing that in the world that counts he was right by my side, calmed me. In the dream-world he was still missing and we were only able to communicate through memories and some weird telepathy thing. When I awoke a little what seemed to be a short while later to the pitter patter of feet and saw the darling angel faces of my kids peering around the bedroom door I was ecstatic and relieved at the same time. Even though I know it was all just a dream I'm finding myself being more patient and protective. In fact I need to hurry and blog this so I can return to them.
This mom awoke newly appreciative for our world, our lives, our friends, and my FAMILY.
Even though that dream invoked THE scariest feelings ever, I kind of want to be able to finish it in order to unravel all the mysteries that still loom. I also find myself feeling guilty for only making sure some of my loved ones were sound and safe. Here is Some basic information from my dream so you better know what I'm talking about.
The Dream
It was Halloween. I was in some sort of travel trailer, similar to the ones the taco truck guys use...but silver, very sturdy, and more high tech. Those of their were for some group or organization that still in unknown to me. We were handing out trick or treat candy, and prizes for events that were simultaneously occurring. Derek and Jadelyn had come by earlier. Seeing them was a memory I held on to for much of the dream. The aura outside was gradually getting dark, windy, and hostile. Next thing I knew, the windows and doors sealed shut and were told to prepare for an emergency. We had no idea what the emergency was but the growls and hisses outside were enough for us to obey. Time seemed to elapse for those of us inside the trailer. The ferocious sound effects were accompanied by intense impacts on the outside of our sanctuary. The attackers were strong and were leaving subtle impressions in our walls. They were human. Not all the outsiders were hostile. Many were trying to escape the destruction outside. We could not open the sealed entrances even if we wanted to. ....And at the time we did not want to. We had limited glimpses of the event through small cameras. We all understood that breaching the seal meant our doom.
Much of the thrashing of our safety vessel was a blur to me. I do however remember 2 things. Libbie was by my side the first time the trailer was being thrown over. She was caught off guard and slammed into the wall as it quickly became the floor. Luckily she wasn't injured too badly. #2. We inside still didn't fathom the reality of what was happening. We though the vehicle was taking us to our homes so we could bunker down there with our families. We didn't realize our homes no longer existed. I remember telling Libbie that I would help her find Tara.
All of that swirled into endless falling. Our cameras showed images of canyons, oceans, and weather that could only be described as a flaming blizzard. The forceful thrashing eventually lulled to a float. When we opened our eyes again to view the outside scene we were dumb struck. People, I can not fully explain what I saw. Vibrant glowing colors that resembled planets, stars, and other space associated objects were above us. They looked nothing like science had portrayed. Amid the space scenery were bobbing buses, pieces of houses,and many other things we soon recognized as ...what was left.
I asked gasped at someone next to me. "What does that mean?!?" Has Earth exploded? Neither of us really knew.
Time for us was still a speeding blur compared to the actual time sequence experienced out there. That was a major factor in our confusion of events. However skewed our perspective was, it was enough to strike a fear in us so real and encompassing that the small group of us in the little trailer were never the same.
We found ourselves drifting into an enormous steel opening. The doorway enlarged into a massive dome. I don't have a word for the true shape. It was domed, but tunneling at the same time. I remember pink mist and the feeling of safety. Our trailer slowly and easily opened up into a ship. The dome was now our roof.
Our ship merged with a larger vessel. There were others there. They seemed more at ease. The destruction was more gradual for them. They knew things we did not. I was in shock, a zombie who's body obediently moved forward with out the instruction from my brain...until I saw them. The memory is becoming a little hazy for me so I can't describe there transportation. They were moving closer but their bodies were still. I can't recall if their transportation was a conveyor belt, small float, something similar to a jet ski but motor less. It was kind of a mixture of all. They were coming through the water though. I think I forgot to specify that were on water --or something water like. The they that aroused me from my waking coma were my children. My sweet unscathed, safe babies. My mom was holding Jordan and Jadelyn was close by. I was SCREAMING. I couldn't believe it and I couldn't get them to me fast enough. Even though we were safe, I didn't FEEL safe and I NEEDED to protect them. I could not stop sobbing. When they came to me, they were older than I remembered. The real Lacy, the one who was dreaming felt an overwhelming gratitude for my mom for keeping them safe and bringing them to me. (oh man, I'm weeping).
I'm being lengthier than I should so I'll wrap it up and you'll just have you watch the movie it 3 years ;).
My mom was safe, my children were safe, I was starting to see a few people I remembered, my cousin Kari had magically become my constant companion and Libbie was no longer around. Kari's kids were still missing. I felt an enormous anxiety for them. More and more survivors were being shuttled in, but none of them were Trenton, Emry or .... then there was Lilly. She was bubbling. She had been in my cousins care at the time of event. I don't know her very well but seeing her seemed to more fully ease my tension and help me to more enjoy the return of my own children. I don't remember seeing them, but I know Emry and Trenton soon returned as well. But where was DEREK?! Many odd and amazing things transposed in my dream, which for times sake I will not include at this time. But my dream ended with me finding out that Derek was safe. He had not been turned. He had in fact been heroic and brave (and I'm weeping again now). He was able to convey to me that remembering me and my attitude in particular life events had helped him know what he was to do to survive.
I still don't know exactly what happened and how my trailer was catapulted through time. The attack didn't feel alien. It reminded me more of I Am Legend. It however was immensely different. Soon after I awoke I was racking my brain to remember and felt guilt that my dream self had not wondered about Daniel (Kari's husband) and my dad, Conny, or any of my other family members.
I reiterate my feelings of gratitude, love and ...aahh*sigh of relief* at knowing the world is how it is instead of how I dreamt it was. However, My dream is still an eerie prickle in the back of my brain.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Wow, girlie! I'm sorry you had such a nightmare but you described it in such creative detail, I just had to keep reading it! Glad all is well, too! ;)

Kimberlee said...

I hate dreams like that. The kind that when you wake up you have to talk yourself out of believing them. (((shudder))) I have those kind of dreams when I'm pregnant. Are you pregnant. :)

I haven't been a very vivid dreamer lately. In fact, I don't even think I've been dreaming. Weird.