Wednesday, October 14, 2009

2 more years till the big 3-0

My husband turned 28 yesterday and thanks to the help of some awesome people we both had an enjoyable time.
Derek had all day on Monday free thanks to Christofer Columbus. In honor of D's big day, the kids spent Monday (and monday night) at my cousin's house. It was their 'sleepover' time and they loved it! ...so did we :) It seems like Monday was the most time Derek and I have spent alone together in years. It was so nice. He's so dreamy. This was our day:
• breakfast together
• hot tub (we don't have one, but we do know some very giving people)
• me playing massuse in a massage parlor with oils, zone charts, the music, the table, the works. I have a very generous friend who is a massage therapist and offered to let us use her room. Thanks CarolAnn!
• snacks
• Golfing (we didn't have time for me to golf too, but I loved accompanying him. It's been way too long since we've been golfing together. I didn't know he named his clubs.) I got to drive the cart and cheer for my Derek.
• I took him to Sunsations to get a Gentleman's Facial. He loved it. While he did that, I sorted my coupons and took a leisurely stroll to Winco, bought some stuff for his cake, and some more snacks. He met me half way on the way back and we walked together.
• We invited Bo to come with us for the evening and got food from the Taco truck on Kimberly Rd. Bo was trying to teach us how to order our food in spanish. We ate it on their little lighted picnic tables behing the truck.
• Miniature Golf at NazzKart. It was way fun! It didn't look like much at a glance but it was tricky, clever, and a blast -- and only 4 bucks. Derek won (of course) with a 35 (1 under par, yeah he's amazing). Bo and I tied with 43. One hole took me 11 stinking tries! There were several other holes that I won though. Go me, go me.
• We finished the night off with a 9:30 showing of G.I. Joe. We all really liked it. The effects and gadgets were amazing. and yeah...Channing Tatum is pretty nice to look at---I think I was the only one of our party who was thinking that though :)
Tuesday was his actual Birthday. My cousin took Jadelyn to school and then brought Jordan home to me. She stayed and cleaned my house! O.k. I helped a little. That was another one of Derek's Birhtday presents. Now the task of keeping it that way. He had school most of the day so it gave us plenty of time to get things done. I made him a jello lemon cake. His cousin's family and his Aunt came over for cake and icecream That was the only time since we've been married that he's been with any of his family members for his birthday (if my memory serves me correctly) I surprised him with it and I can tell he really enjoyed it. Afterward we played Moods. Really Fun! 5 out of the 7 of us tied for a win. Jadelyn really liked it too. She got to read for snobby and we all guessed correctly.
This morning his birthday continues. I made him carrot cake cupcakes to take to school. I've never turned them into cupcakes before. I hope they're yummy. I KNOW the frosting his. I've had way too much of that already.
I wanted Derek to feel like a King. He is THAT important to me, and even more. I feel like his birthday's have never really made him feel as special as I want him too. I think this year I might have actually succeeded. *phew* We're not counting the fact that I botched the timing on the birthday dinner so we actually had to eat it AFTER cake and ice cream. Thankfully it was roasted chicken quarters with roasted potatoes. The chicken was fatty enough that even though it had to sit in the oven 1.5 hours after it was done (while we ate cake and played) it was still moist! So moist you could just pull it off the bone in fact. The timing, and my minor melt down I had right before the guests arrived, were all forgotten :)
Derek, I love you so much! -- all that you are, all that we are together, and all that we will be. Happy Birthday Baby.

4 comments:

Cassie and Mark said...

What a sweet tribute to your husband! It sounds like you two had a wonderful day together.

Rachel Holloway said...

WOWZA! YOU DEFINITELY made his day...you had to! This was AWESOME!!!

Happy birthday to him! I only hope your big day is just as nice!

Kimberlee said...

Happy, happy birthday Derek! What a great day.

Suzie and Chadd said...

Ok so as for the walmart truck...we LOVE walmart!! In all ways....and we get bugged at people who hate or speak out against walmart. Which is a lot of ppl around here...so my brother works for corporate walmart and got that truck for us so we could represent LOL. And it's Tyler's favorite toy =)