On Monday the 19th, our baby had his second birthday.
This was his cake for the family party. He absolutely loves 'vroom vrooms' these days so for his birthday he got a race track you can eat. The separate candles worked well. He blew out one w
hile his sister blew out the other.
He was so fun. There was a little bit of instant terrible 2 attitude going on, but he was still a blast to celebrate with. I really wanted him to know that it was his birthday and how happy we were that he was in our family. For days before I would quiz him "Who has a birthday coming up? Who's going to be 2?" He would take both of his hands, point them to his chest and say 'mee mee'. (one of his favorite words to use)
We were fortunate to have my mom, my Aunt Peggy and my cousin Kari over for his big day.

He was so fun. There was a little bit of instant terrible 2 attitude going on, but he was still a blast to celebrate with. I really wanted him to know that it was his birthday and how happy we were that he was in our family. For days before I would quiz him "Who has a birthday coming up? Who's going to be 2?" He would take both of his hands, point them to his chest and say 'mee mee'. (one of his favorite words to use)
We were fortunate to have my mom, my Aunt Peggy and my cousin Kari over for his big day.
It's amazing how different it is to have him than Jadelyn. Everything they do is different and even though I've had a child turn 2 before this and every other event is completely individualized and special. I love these little children.
JORDAN'S STATS
words:
• car=vroom vrooom (usually with a crazy one armed steering wheel motion)
• lion= *growl* *growl*
(with a pawing motion)
• horse =.*neighing sound*
dog= da • snake= sssssss • frog=bom bom • sippy cup= ba (it was the bottle replacement so it is known as ba) • mom= mama • dad=dada • grandma= mamma (much more of a short a sound then with mom) • eat=dee • Jesus= zezs • Bo=Bo • yes=uhhu (the sweetest little uhuh ever! • no=uhuh
He makes all sorts of talking sounds, but most of them don't relly hit the mark as words :) He is SO expressive though. He communicates really well and has for a long time in spite his limited verbal skills.
Favorite Toys: cars, little animal figurines-especially his lion, safari train track set, kitchen items, potatos, the big red ball
Favorite Food: noodles (sans cheese), eggs, popcorn, grapes
favorite activities: Playing with grandma, teasing his sister, washing dishes, playing motor boat, reading Way Down Deep in the Deep Blue Sea, dumping things on the floor ie: games, liquid of any sort, anything that shouldn't be there :) He does it in a thoughtful way though, if that makes any sense :)
I LOVE this boy! Happy birthday Jordan Cale.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, buddy. Didn't his hair used to be blonder? I love that his favorite toy is a potato and his birthday cake is adorable. You done well.
I can't believe he is 2 already! Isn't it amazing how fast they grow up? Kayla will be 2 soon as well :)
I can't believe your baby is 2!!! My how time flies when you're having fun!:) Cute pics! Fun times! Thanks for posting. You & Derek look like you never age.
Love, Aunt Nita
Post a Comment