Both Jordan and Conny have had speech Evaluations this week. Jordans test was fun, and he was adorable. The verdict was he's in the 7th something. He had at least one error in every word, but barely qualified for Speech Thereapy. If he had been a girl he would have been in the 4th something and would have over qualified. Boys get more leniency. Conny's speech evaluation was more frustrating. They couldn't really do a formal test. She did try though. The verdict for her is they think they can help her get more consonants. I'm supposed to come up with 10 words that would be helpful for her to use in her everyday life. They will focus on those 10 words. We'll give it 6 months and see if there's any progress.
In honor of this speech milestone in our lives, my blog update is going to be Alphabetical.
Acting - Jadleyn and I were recently in the musical Go Go Joseph -- stressful, but then super fun!
Babysitting - I frequently baby sit 2 girls and 2 boys. -- it's good birth control :) j/k
Cartwheels - I am now an expert at doing cartwheels on people's legs. ok, not an expert, but I don't fall anymore.
Dance competitions for Jadelyn in Pocatello, CSI, and Lagoon.
Eating too much pie - please don't make me pies. I'll probably eat the entire thing.
Fed Ex - Derek worked there for a couple of months. He looked hot in his uniform but we didn't love the job.
Giving it another try - Jadelyn and bikes do not get along. She had a melt down. Threw her bike, kicked it, and then tried again. She succeeded in petaling 4 whole rotations...twice. Go Jadelyn Go!
Horny Toad Lizard named Riptor. Jordan and Derek went to Wendover for a cousings graduation. My kiddos can't go there with rock climbing and lizard hunting. They brought Riptor home iwht them. He gets held proably too much for his liking, but so far so good.
I haven't read a book in almost 2 months. wow!
James, my brother is staying with us for a week. It's really nice having him here. My kids LOVE him.
Kiwi Loco - After our Saturday night show, several of us from the cast went to Kiwi Loco. We did a Go Go Joseph flash mob. ...and Caanan Days, Show People, and One more Angel in Heaven. It was really fun. Jade didn't want to go home.
Liking to watch Korean shows on hulu with English subtitles
Miracle Hot Springs
No weeds allowed - we weeded and started the garden. We need to finish it this week though.
O
Pneumonia - My dad was SUPER deathly ill sick. He's much better, huge miracle.
Quitting watching Korean shows with English subtitles on hulu :) too hard to multi task when I have to read it instead of listen. ... and I can't take it places with me like a book.
Road trip to Wyoming to visit my dad in the hospital for Easter.
Surprise party in May for my dad's 70th birthday. My sisters helped, but since I'm the only one who lives here...the planning mainly fell on my shoulders. It was fun.
Trampoline - I got it on black friday for an amazing price. We gave it to the kids during spring break. It's so nice to have one.
Unpacked the last of the dining room boxes in April. (finally) I also got a rug, and decorated the walls, added plants and such. We like it.
Valley Steam - this is where Derek chose to work instead of Fed ex. It's a much better arrangement. Thanks for working so hard Derek! I love you!!
Wicked - listened to the sound track for the first time. We like it.
X-cited! While on his Fed Ex route in Sun Valley Derek found someone who was throwing away a really nice wooden swing set with long bumpy slide. It is now in our back yard! It was a trial because there ere some missing bolts and such, but he persevered and now it's up! The kids think he's amazing....they're right.
Yellow cake batter is still one of my favorite colors. I hadn't made a yellow cake in a really long time. I helped a friend make one not too long ago, and that batter color still makes me happy and calm both at the same time.
Z puZZles - I'm breaking the first letter rule - I was given 2 very large pretty puzzles for Christmas. My Thomas Kincade one is FINISHED and on the wall. The second one is on my table. Disclaimer - puzzles are not my favorite, please don't confuse the fact that I have them on my wall with me loving to do them. I really don't need another big puzzle to do. At least for a year or so :)
I'm excited for the ABC work we will be doing in this house.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
ABC Update in Honor of Speech Evaluations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! Fun blog! Somehow in our conversing last night, I missed Jordan's evaluation. So you'll have to tell me more about that.
Sorry for talking so much about Wicked. I'm a loser. And also forgot to tell you one very important detail.
Oh yeah, your cartwheels were very impressive! Go Go Go Lacy, you know what they say...
Post a Comment