Thursday, June 16, 2011

Milestone

8 years ago today I was really tired. I was so exhausted from just being that even though I only had one last day of work before my maternity leave...I called in sick. I spent much of the day at my sister's house making baby shower invitations for my sweet girl who was expected to arrive in 2.5 weeks.
8 years ago tomorrow, my sweet girl arrived. I thought she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, mainly after they washed her :) I had fallen in love with her much earlier, but Derek's first time telling her he loved her was June 17th 2003. My brother told me she kind of looked like an alien. I thought he was crazy. We recently looked at the pictures. I t turns out he was more right than I was. However, she was still beautiful. You should have seen her dome though. HUGE!
Today she is much less alien looking but just as beautiful as I thought she was then. It is the last day of her 8th year. I am so in awe of her. She is witty, incredibly tender hearted, a natural leader, a forward thinker, strong willed, loves to please, and loves to cuddle. She sometimes acts up for Derek and I, but I know I never have to worry about her at school or other similar situations. She's quite the know-it-all and loves to play play play. Stuffed animals are one of her favorite toys. Give her as stuffed animal and her imagination will create an elaborate story and game that can entertain her, and her brother for days. she knows the names of more animals than I do. The most recent addition to her stuffed animal collection is a sugar glider conny bought for her in the Lagoon gift shop. I had only recently heard of sugar glider a few weeks earlier from none other than jadelyn.
Tomorrow my first born, my only daughter, my teacher, my challenge, my joy, and my friend will turn 8 years old and begin her 9th year.
She is ending the little childhood phase and entering the next stage of life. I'm excited and sad. It's bitter sweet. She has chosen to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days saints on this coming Monday. Partially because our church building is under construction, and partially because she and her dad think it's cool ... and more like jesus ... he will be baptizing her in a river.
Every time I look at her I think, you will be 8 tomorrow. wow, she will be 8 tomorrow.
Happy 8th birthday Jadelyn Serenity Dean.

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I can't wait to hear about the baptism. And your Jadelyn really is such a beautiful girl. And sweet as a bug.

Rachel Holloway said...

I am SUPER DUPER behind in blogging, but wanted to at least say a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY- You've raised (and are raising) a great girl who is making wonderful choices! SO happy for you. :) What a beautiful family you have!