Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanks Giving

T - Two turkeys, made by me and my siblings (Alton Brown style), one undercooked and one a little over cooked. oops. The undercooked one went back in the oven just fine and both ended up really good.
H - Having family and friends over for dinner and games: 19 of us in total (we've never had friends over before for Thanksgiving, but it was lovely!)
A - All Spice Berries: finally found at Fred Meyer and put in my turkey brine AND A new phone! well an old one from my dad, but new for me!!! so excited! my first cell phone in 9 years.
N - never ending dishes! I thought about doing plastic plates ... but I realy didn't want to. I did
do pretty plastic plates for dessert, but I got out my great grandmothers china for dinner. I loved it. I realy do still have a few pots that haven't been washed yet. Yes, 3 days later. :)
K - Kim is having a baby! and I found out a couple days before thanks giving.
S - Shopping with my sister Haley from 4am-4pm. It really was so fun. We were tired, and then we were speedy, and then we were giddy, and then we were tired, and giddy, and giddy, and tired. hahaha, my sister is the kind who is trying to make friends with random strangers at 5 in the morning in the shopping lines. Love her!
G - Grandma watching moveies, playing games, eating popcorn, and makies cookies with her grand children. Grandpa putting up Christmas lights and meetin his daughters in town for shopping and lunch!
I - It turns out that I'm not a very good pie maker! hahaha Not only did I leave out 1/3 brown sugar in my pumpkin pie, but I'm pretty sure that I accidentally substituted salt for the white sugar. Imagine a very salty, cinniman squash on a crust. ...with whipped cream.
V - Vampires - my husband took me to see Breaking dawn last night (Saturday) after all our
company had left. He's so cute and good. He leaned over to me and said "these movies invoke such an intersting array of emotions in me. I want to poke my eyes out and keep watching both at the same time" That is not verbatim - but you get the idea.
I - I like to cook, and I like to bake, and I like when it's all over. I'm also sad that I made mounds of mashed potatoes, hoping we would have some left over after everyone left -- and there was none. When I say mounds, I mean mounds! oh well, at least they were good, and my sister's gravy (made from our excelent alton brown drippings and giblet brother) was delicious!
N - Nice place for my kids and their cousins to play - My husband and I have worked tireslessly the past week to turn our unfinished family room from a storage room into a play room. Success! Jadelyn has thanked us many many times. - oh! and nieces and nephews that I love to pieces.
G - Gratitude! I am grateful for oh so many things. to name a few: breathing without pain, running, dancing, good and safe food to eat, warm home big enough for family gatherings, Jesus Christ, a patient - endearing - loving - handsome - good father husband, good job, talents, children, living and loving parents, knowledge that I have Heavenly parents who know me and love me ...etc...

Thanks Giving was a learning experience for me this year. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving, and continue to be grateful each and every day.

3 comments:

julie said...

Sounds like a big success! And I'm a little jealous I wasn't there! Your sister needs to move here so we can all be besties.

Anonymous said...

Hey! That happened! AND you were totally at Thanksgiving a few years ago!! Look at you manifesting ♥️

Anonymous said...

Weird that I'm showing up as anonymous. It's really me, Lacy