Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween is only 1 week away. That is big news in my house, as you might have noticed by our food choices below. We all really like to use our imaginations and we find that halloween is a fun time to do that, and is acceptable at any age (at least we think it is). Since Jadelyn and the 4 yr old I babysit (Emry) are so in to Halloween, and since Emry is SO difficult to feed I decided that starting October 1st we would do a holiday oriented activity every day. Some days would be treats, others would be lunch, and others would be coloring pages or projects. Well, I lasted 2 weeks., not too bad I think :) Since I there is 1 month left of the spooky season, I'm picking it up again. We have a wall filled with halloween coloring pages that Jade and various visitors have decorated. It's fun and festive. I will post it when I'm more motivated hahaha. My pictures are currently to difficult to access so you'll have to visualize all of this for now. Along with the food on my last post, we have also enjoyed mummy hotdogs, salty bones (bone shaped bread sticks), apple vampire teeth (quartered apple with a wedge cut out of the middle, slivered almonds for teeth), and mini witches brooms (pretzel sticks with tassled fruit by the foots). I'm excited for our food for the week. We haven't done very many sweets, so this week we'll do quite a few of those. We're repeating the mummy's, vampire teeth and bones because they were really easy and were big hits. Whenever I presaent the food I pretend to be a related character a vampire for the teeth and so on. The kids LOVE it and I get a whole bunch of I love you's.

3 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Oh my kids have been so Halloween jipped. Look at you and your creativity.

Dena said...

You are so creative! I love how original you are at everyday life! You make everything fun and interesting. :)

Lacy said...

just so you all know, I didn't come up with our food ideas on my own, familyfun.com helped quite a bit :)