I initiated a date tonight. I was quite proud of myself. I invited him out, bought the tickets, and arranged the baby sitter (cousins are great). All he had to do is look pretty and play nice. hahaha.
We went to the Turf club for The Magic Valley Little Theaters production of As Sweet/Dead As You Ever Were. It was a Mystery Dinner Thater where we sat with strangers who along with us were playing the role of high school alumni at our reunion. There was an attempted murder and our job was to find out who did it and why. It started out a bit slow for me but I got caught up in it somewhere during the middle and we really enjoyed ourselves. I couldn't decide if the attempted murderer was the janitor or the vice principal. The rest of the people at my table thought it was the lunch lady. Guess who it was . . . the janitor! go me go me. Some of the actors did a really great job. It really made me miss being on stage, especially since I had been in plays with 3 of the cast members before.
All in all our date night was successful. Yes, we were a little late (big surprise) due to the fact that the officer driving behind me on my way home from the grocery store didn't think my stop was "complete" enough :) He was probably right. However he didn't take up too much of my time and just repremanded me for being sloppy. We only missed the no host bar, shucks. Of course the officer wanted to make me sweat so he had to mention that failure to stop is a $75 misdemeaner. Thanks officer, my stops are sure to be complete from now on.
I may not have been an A+ stopper today, but I was able to guess who did it. That has to count for something.
4 comments:
where did you find out about that? and is it still going on? i would love to do that.
amanda
I am glad that you had fun on your date! That sounds like a blast. All you have to do to get those pesky officers off your back is just bribe them with a little doughnut money! ;) That is all they are really after anyway!
That sounds like it was really fun. What a cute idea!
Mindi :)
What a cool time! Yeah for you in the planning department! :)
Post a Comment