Sunday, June 21, 2009

Jade's Birthday

She had a great day. She got six balloons when she woke up which she and Jordan enjoyed immensely. The princess requested pancakes, steak, eggs and strawberries for breakfast and pizza for lunch. I obliged.

Her Grandma Georgia, Aunt Tamsen, and cousins Jostyn, Avre, and Marcus came down for the big day. We had a birthday party at Hop 2 It with some family and friends. She was royalty and sat in the frog king chair while the party guests sat on the carpet in front and the hostess handed her the presents. She LOVED it and the kids were so attentive. The hopped their little hearts out before and after cake and ice cream.

The cake: well, I figured out the perfect way to put hopping animals onto the cake. I got all the ingtredients, the only thing I didn't have was time. So the great gum paste critters will have to wait for a different day. The 6 years birthday cake was homemade white cake with chocolate frosting, sour smarty flours with mike n ike centers, stems, and leaves. There was a second layer in the center. It was white cake with blue crem cheese frosting. In the center of that was a yellow cupcake. Around the yellow cupcake on the second layer I wrote Happy Birthday Jade. You're going to have to visualize all of this because I don't think I took a picture. ...oops. The yellow cup cake was supposed to be a sun in the blue circle sky. It didn't really come across that way so I turned it into a mike n' ike flower. It was a fun cake.

My 6 yr old girl is so fun. She's growing up so fast but still loves make believe and cuddleing. This girl is a great mix of girly and tom boy. She's up for anything , unless it involves spinach, and can be sweet or sassy, whatever the situation calls for I guess. These past 6 years have been AMAZING. I love you Jadelyn!

In case my plans for a Father's Day post fall through --- My children have a REALLY great dad! :) Oh, me too, I have a really great dad too! Shout out to Grandpa Lemmon and Grandpa Larry (Hawker). They are above and beyond.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Well, I'm really bummed there is no picture of that spectacular cake, but it sounded wonderful and I'm so glad you all had a blast! Happy Bday, Jade! ;)

Kimberlee said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Jadelyn! Hope it was grand.