Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Recent Events

We went to Utah the last weekend in May. Saturday we all went to the zoo. My family (including miss Conny), Haley's family, minus her husband, and 3 of her neighbor boys. That part was funny to me but it worked out just fine. Conny had never been to a zoo before and she actually did quite well. I don't think she even complained about all the walking. The only time frustration wanted to explode through my skin was during the birds of prey show. They had announced MANY times the importance of staying seated during the show. 5 minutes after the show starts Conny decides she's going to leave the arena because I asked her to scoot a little closer to me. She stands up and REFUSES to sit back down. Of course everyone is staring at her...at US because not only is she the only standing person in this outside arena where standing is now prohibited, but she's yelling. Thankfully she responded to the urgency in mine, Derek's and Haley's expressions and sat down RIGHT before the birds started flying over our heads. *phew* Besides that and the fact that she asked to buy a treat literally every 5 minutes it went really smoothly.

The next day we went to My cousins wedding in a beautiful rose garden in Salt Lake City. The plan was to make it to church that morning and then head to the wedding. Well....plans and I don't work out so well together. hahaha, that's funny, but oh so true.
After a night of abdomen pains I woke up with exhaustion and excruciating pains in my upper abdomen. The only time the pain would subside was in really odd positions on the floor. My sweet son did not like mommy lying on the floor. He would try to cuddle me and then would tap me quite firmly and give me the sign for up. Hurrying along here. I was useless that morning. Jadelyn managed to get ready and went with my sister. Derek took car of Jordan and Conny threw up twice. THANKFULLY she made it to the toilet both times! We even made it to the wedding without any accidents. She saved those for the out doors. *phew again* She did throw up right in the middle of the walking path inside the rose gardens and sure enough her teeth went too. Husband truly saved my bacon that day...sister too. She helped change Conny for the 3rd time so I could stay in my heap on the grass. Another thankfully, Conny only went through as many change of clothes as we had for her. The stinkin restroom was like miles away from the reception area and her poor leggs just wern't taking her quickly enough. I was very glad I Listened to the prompting I had to pack 2 more changes of clothes than we needed. Even though her upchucks (what a funny word) were outside they still dribbled on her clothes. ooh, this is a gross topic, let's change.

Oh If forgot that on the way to Utah Saturday night we stayed at my Grandma and Grandpa's house in Tremonton. That was nice.

Fast forward a week. My cousin Jerem came to stay with us for the summer, muy fun. Jadelyn has had 2 T-ball games so far. Derek and I sub coahed on Saturday. Oh that was interesting :)

On Saturday we bought a truck!! We all drove down to Meridean and bought it from a guy we found on Craigslit. It's a really pretty deep deep teal color and it's a dodgle. That's about all I know :) THEN, Derek picked up a brand new California King size sealy matress for $50 bucks in Boise. A shipment of mattresses got damaged on the truck and got rips in the plastic, so some dirt and moisutre got in on the corner. The company couldn't sell them in the store so they were selling them for super cheap! Yay for us.

What else. Jordan has several words (yes most of them are only understandable to the trained ear, but words none the less) Dada, Mama, Jesus, ball, bottle, dog, yeah, nah. sign language words = more, please, milk, up, bye

Jadelyn will be 6 tomorrow! We got her an early birthday present on Friday - a scooter from D.I. 8 bucks. She LOVES it! She calls herself a scooter pro.

Today I must make an amazing hopping birthday cake. Fairwell!

3 comments:

mammabug said...

Well Happy Birthday to miss Jadelyn and good luck on your cake. There better be a picture of the final product.

Janelle said...

I agree--I'd love to see the cake when you're done! You're always so incredibly creative! And what a score on the matress! I love stuff like that! I love reading your posts; it's a day in the life of Super Mom! ;)

David and Anita Holloway said...

Happy Birthday Jadelyn! Tell Jarem Hi and ask him when we get to see him?? We're only 2-3 hrs away. Come see us!
Love, Aunt Nita