Yesterday we packed up the set, put away our costumes, washed alot of hair spray out of our hair and cleaned off way too much makeup for the last time.
My play is now over. When Beauty and the Beast was over, I cried. With this one...man, it's relief. Not to say I didn't like it, because I did, I LOVED it. BUT, it was alot of hard work and was emotionally and physically exhausting.
Those of you who came and saw it know what it was like and know I was amazing. hahaha I love saying that. -fake it till you make it- right? Those of you who didn't, missed out on some humor - some approriate, some not-, my very convincing but definitely no lips touch stage kisses -2 to be exact-, a very cheesy performance by yours truly, some catchy music, and a really fun and cardio taxing dance duo between me and the detective. I catch him somewhere in the middle of the dance. Yes, me, holding 200 pounds of Ivan/Frank/Cioffe, yep, I'm that buff. hahaha He's actually holding himself up on my shoulders, but STILL. If you want to see pictures there are several of the rehearsal process and actual show in my facebook account. they wern't ones I took so I don't know how to put them in here.
I rekindeled some old friendships, and made some new ones. I got to sing dance 4 days a week for 2 months. My family was SO supportive and my husband says really gushy and complimentary things to me about my talent and such. Those things make it all worth it :)
Monday, October 25, 2010
It's Over
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You really were so great! I LOVED your character. It was fun to see you do your thing just like it was no big deal!!! You are so brave to get back up on the stage. Now I'm feeling a little inspired!
yeah, it really was quite the experience huh? Draining in just about every way. But man, if you hadn't done it...wow I just don't like that thought at all.
I am sure you were great in the play.
I saw your look-a-like twin a few days ago! Had I not been so stunned to see you, I might have exclaimed "Lacy!" and given you a hug. But it wasn't really you and that could have been really awkward and a tad bit embarrassing.
Called you today...so sorry you missed me. :) Three HUGE cheers for you and your play. Call me cause I wanna hear all about it. XOXO
Post a Comment