...again :) and this time my character has a name! I am Miss Niki Harris - a super sweet aspiring broadway star who is currently a member of a Boston theatre company in the late 1950s's. The play is a musical within a musical, who-dun-it murder mystery comedy.
OPENING NIGHT IS NEXT THURSDAY! I'm excited! It's been hard, and fun, and a big growing experience, and FAST. My husband wouldn't necessarily agree with that. In all actuality auditions were Sept 7th & 8th. So we had less than 2 months of rehearsals to learn all the lines, blocking, music, and dancing. My daughter has loved helping me memorize my lines and Jordan has parats of the songs memorized. I listen to a rehearsal cd that has the acompaniment but no words. After a certain amount of measures has gone by a woman's voice says "rehearsal tracks" to ensure that no one copies it, or does a play without the company's permission, or something like that. Jordan was repeating "rehearsal tracks" for days. One of his other favorite parts to quote is "hoose-gow" the word is in reference to a prison. It's a funny word anyway, but sounds extra cute and funny when he says it.
We had a nice summer and school so far has been great for Jadelyn. Jordan and i enjoy being home together and like it when Derek is with us also. Derek recently completed a 2 week training in utah for a new job he starts this coming week. Hooray! It was tough while he was gone, especially with ahving 3 hour rehearsals Mon-Thursday. We made it through, but would not have done so without Divine direction and the help of some really amazing friends.
If you like adult musical comedies, or if you just want to come watch ME (hehe) the show is the Oct.21-23 7:30 & Oct. 23-24 2:00 at the Canyon Ridge High School auditorium (the new one by walmart). Tickets are $10 and can be purcahsed at the door or from me (there is a ticket selling contest) the auditorium only seats 350 so you'll want to come early for a good seat.
I can't believe it's been 3 months since I last posted. Goodness gracious. Jordan turns 3 on Tuesday and Jadelyn seems to be bigger, older, wiser, kinder and more beautiful every day.
Seeings how my last post was about p90x I will report my progress. I was consistent for about 10 weeks. I got a dumb knee injury and had to take it easy. Then it got more difficult to do with the play. My knee started acting up again with all this dancing, but some geniuses at Primary Therapy Source has taught me what to do prevent further injury and heall the damage that's allready been done, I'll while still dancing on it...with a taped knee, much icing, plenty of Ibuprofin and lots of stretches and excersizes to get my legg to do what it should do without making me cry.
I've seen the Lord's hand in my life and the lives of the poeple around me alot these past months. I thank and praise him for his love and guidance, and for the people he puts in my path.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
I'm in a Play!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You also got you're name in the paper for the list of cast members. I almost thought I better frame it before you get to famous.
You do still blog. I was thinking maybe you died in a P90X related injury. Glad to hear that you're alright. I've missed your posts. Who am I kidding, I miss more that your posts. I miss you! I say its about time that your little family comes down and visits again. Whadda say? Let's plan something. For real.
I wanna go to your play. I'm looking at my calendar and it's pretty packed that weekend. But if I can fit it in, I'm so gonna come.
XOXO
I'm very glad you are doing this play. :) And it is just about time for a blog, sheesh. Let me just say, everyone, she makes an awesome Niki Harris, and is a joy to watch on stage. Come see this show.
Eeeeeee!! You're in another play!! Oh, I want to see it so badly! You are just spectacular on stage, sweet Lacy! I am so thrilled that you are pursuing it still!
And I truly love reading the comments you leave me. You are so sweetly sincere, it warms me up. :) I love and miss you. <3
Post a Comment