Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Weekend

Thursday

Jordan and I went to the Library for a reading Halloween Party. We didn't have his costume yet so he wore his batman pajama pants and his play cape I made a few years ago. The kids made adorable scarecrows, played games like ring on the pumpkin, jac-o=lantern face, find candy in the big box of confetti (don't know if it had an official name or not) and someone made them balloon animals. Jordan chose a giraffe.

Jordan's Scarecrow

Me and my friend, Laree taking our picture while our kids run loose in the library parking lot.

I stayed up super late that night making jadelyn's Tigressa costume. You wouln't know it by looking at it, but I'm not a seemstress. However she and Derek believed in me, plus derek bought some great tiger fabric that I couldn't let go to waste.

Friday
Jadelyn had her halloween party today. They had to bring the costumes in their back pack to put on later so I sprayed her haird tigerish and gave her a nose, whiskers, and fun cat eyes before she left. I had a few finishing touches on her costume after fitting it to her so Jordan and I brought it to her when we went for her party. I did some games for the party. Jordan was SO tired. I think I held him practically the entire 2 hours we were there. Coupled with that and his holding requests while at the church halloween party and trick or treating, my right bicep is REALLY SORE. Some of the costumes in her class were a zebra fairy, lollipop, nurse, and soldier sweety.
We went to our church halloween carnival that night. Conny was a lady bug, Jordan was batman (in his real costume that he had worn all day, he was having a love hate relationship with the mask) , jadelyn was tigressa, Derek wore a cool glow in the dark halloween shirt that he picked up from Walmart, and I through a cloak and sparkly eyes on and called my self a wizard.
Jordan and Conny won cupcakes in the cake walk, jadelyn loved milling around like a busy bee, Jordan was terrified of the obstacle course on the stage but just couldn't stay away. He kept asking Derek to go with him. they would get further each time but never made it all the way through. Some of the fun costumes there were Napolean Dinomite, Wizard of Oz family, complete with every thing except for toto, snow white, and an alien abduction.


Derek cleaned our pumpkins out, with Jordans help, so we could carve them Sat. afternoon. I wasn't supposed to post this picture, so shshshsh.
Saturday
Derek had to go into work for a few hours today so the kids and I organized their room. The closet, dresser and under the bed were our main target. It was a really fun task! It's amazing how much playing goes on in a situation like that. Our imagination started out as being maids for a castle in which we made the prince and princesses' beds. It morphed into several other games and somehow ended up that we were cowboys.
When Derek got home we carved pumpkins, ate dinner, got all fancied up for trick-or-treating and headed out. We were able to pass some candy out to a few trick or treaters before we left. we liked getting compliments on our pumpkins.
The weather was perfect for walking. Unfortunately alot of houses were not participating in the saturday night trick or treating. We still were able to go to plenty of houses though. Jadelyn said "Happy halloween and a frightful night" to every house we went to and everyone we saw.
When we got home we washed faces, sorted candy, and ate carmel apples. I got a nice gash on my thumb for being dumb with the apples slicer. That is my halloween gift.
We had such a nice time together and the kids attitudes were so fun.
Our Finished Pumpkins
Derek's, Mine, Jadelyn's dog, Jordan's, and Conny's :)
Derek usually takes on some crazy ambitious pumpkin pattern. This year he wanted to do the graphic from his walmart t-shirt he got. He realized right before he started that he hadn't given himself enough time. It was appreciative for this lightbulb. Instead he created this face instead.

Close up of my pumpkin. This was the second day and I'm realizing that my design didn't allow for longevity.
Derek is a perfectionist and wasn't happy with the batman costumes that were available when he went. Obviously perfectionist and procrastinator isn't a good mix. Even though he wasn't a fan, he picked this costume of for Jordan. And guess what Jordan think of it, he loves it!!
Jadelyn invented the name tigressa near the beginning of the summer. She uses is it in her pretend games, it was her spy name at her birthday party, and recently convinced her table group at school to have their official class name be Tigressa and the tigers. Jadelyn decided that Tigressa is a warriors/super hero tiger/girl creature. She was so excited when she came up with the idea of being tigressa for halooween. When she put her costume on she said " Mom, you're the best! It looks so good, you can do anything!" "I love you mom" She's repeated herself several times. I don't mind :)

I love this toothless tiger-girl grin.

Sunday

The kids loved passing out candy to the Sunday trick or treaters. They would dance to music in the living room and then race to the door when the door belle rang. Jordan put his little chair by the door so he could watch for trick or treaters and reach the candy. We ran out of candy before 8:00 but the kids still had 15 more minutes up and didn't want to stop handing out candy. The raided their sacks from the parties and Saturday night trick or treating so they would have more to give. They rounded up 30 more pieces and it was gone quick.

They've been playing so well together. Jordan especially has grown in leaps and bounds just this past week. He's been saying the sweetest things and apologizes right away when we does something wrong. Derek and I were watching them together and noticing just how sweet they are. The 2 of them together will probably never be at sweeter ages at the same time.

We're gonna miss this.

2 comments:

julie said...

oh my heck you ARE The best mom ever. That Tigress costume is awesome. And way to be a hero for Jadelyn! I don't know how you do it all. Crazy.

Kimberlee said...

Jadelyn looks absolutely stunning in her Tigressa costume. And you...way to get your craft on. It turned out perfect.