Saturday, November 6, 2010

Magic Wizards Brew and Muffins Too

This morning Jordan and I decided to make banana crunch muffins. We had many bananas that were perfect for this task. The freezer was overflowing with them so it was time. Conny and Jadelyn joined us and we surprisingly all worked well together from start to finish. I was definitely working some problem preventing, mommy magic.

We have had several water incidents in our kitchen. I take responsibility for none :) It's my blog, I can do what I want. No there were some dishwasher hook up issues, and since I didn't hook up the dishwasher ..... :) There is going to be some major remodeling going on the next couple of weeks. I don't really know what it's going to be like, but I find myself wishing it were summer so Jordan and i could hang out outside in more comfort. I'm also wishing I had some super swift construction magic so the couple of weeks was reduced to umm...a couple of days, ok if we're talking true wishes here than a couple of minutes would be nice. Some special choosing powers would be nice also. 2 kitchen entrances or one - keep the carpet in the entry way and hall or have it match the kitchen - Will I like having a sink and cooktop in the middle of my kitchen? - Tile or wood - light, med, or dark - will stranded bamboo really hold up against rottweilers?

Decisions, Decisions.

Jordan picked an interesting book choice for his story before nap today, "The usborne big book of science things to make and do." He was enthralled with all the pictures of science experiments. We decided that when he woke up from his nap we would make Magic Wizards Brew. So we did. They each got their own jar, poured in their own vinegar, choice of food coloring, glitter, and dish soap. Conny chose red (not a big surprise, she'd wear her red pants and red shirt every day if she could). Jordan chose green, and Jadelyn chose blue. Jade really wanted 3 colors mixed but when I told her that her potion would be brown she opted for blue instead. I didn't prepare enough to make sure my camera was empty so I didn't get the bets pictures. I was busy sorting and deleteing to make some room. 'Lacy, your son doesn't have his shirt on' well, you're very observant aren't you, just be glad he has his pants on. In his words "I hot mom, me be nated!" My kids definitely took after their dad in the body heat department. When I'm in sweats, sweatshirt, and slippers they're all in shorts and t-shirt. oh, back to the magic potion-- They loved making it. We discussed how when the bakig soda and vinegar mix together it releases a gas that expands the soap. We actually did it over and over until our baking soda was all gone. It was a great time and well contained for easy clean up. I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

julie said...

they did this in primary and the kids went crazy! I so need to do it. I have a costco size thing of baking soda. So we'll be mixing for awhile. :)