For Family Home evening a couple weeks ago, we decided to act out the parable of The Good Samaritan. Everyone was in charge of geting any props they might have wanted for their part. Jadelyn was right on top of it. She got bandages, water, ointment, and even a stick horse.
I was nervous that some of my little actors wouldn't quite be up for the challenge (...Jordan ... Conny) but they were great! I wish I would have taken more pictures because some of it was so funny, like when the thief was beating up the traveler. That should have been sad, I know, but it was hilarious. In fact Jordan enjoyed it so much that he wanted to keep acting that part over and over again. It turns out that it's harder than it seems to be the audience, the narrator, and the photographer all at one time.
Jordan was such a good injured person! 5 stars!! He even stayed in character when Conny loomed over him laughing hysterically (she needed a little more promting for her part :)
I'm not sure if the message sunk in for Jordan because he was too busy trying to get us to bandage him again as we were discussing what it means to be a good neighbor. However we all had great fun and Jadelyn totally gets it. She could tell the whole story and how it can relate to us today...in GREAT detail. hahaha She does everything in Great Detail.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
The Good Samaritan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's really hilarious! :) What a great idea!!
How fun, Lacy.
P.S. I'm watching Julie and Julia as I type and I'm not sure why, but it makes me think of you. I think it's because you wrote a blog post about it once. But whatever the reason...it makes me think of you. And I miss you!
Post a Comment