Thursday, June 5, 2008

Prelude to Summer ..pretending that's its not here yet

5 days into June already -- wow! Do you remember when summer seemed much more exciting? I've still been trying to find things to look forward to because I'm not ready to except that summer is no longer a highlight of the year. School always counted the days down for me, but now that Jadelyn's and Derek's years ended much sooner than regular school I missed my alarm clock. Along with the summer has begun alarm clock, I missed T-ball registration. No big deal, she can start t-ball a different year. Hopefully we haven't missed all swimming lesson sign ups because she REALLY wants to do swimming lessons.

I'm looking forward to yard sales, and warm sunny nights (even though Jadelyn has a difficult time believing that's its bed time because the sun is still awake) library summer reading program, outdoor swimming, Jadelyn's 5th birthday (12 days), Lagoon, Family Reunions, my son learning to crawl in the grass & eat dirt and such, my 6th yr anniversary, the new season of Heroes (I'm an admitted fan), and the new show Finding a Food Network show (I have a fascination with good cooking shows, I'll most likely be watching the recorded version since it airs on Sunday nights, but I watched the last one and really liked it. I'm also excited for summer walks, strawberry/lemon snow cones with sour salt, 4th of july, parades, Filer Fun Days, our Youth Cultural Celebration, the opening of the Twin Falls Temple!!!, and at the close of summer, the Twin Falls County Fair. I think that those things make summer still exciting, whether or not I'll still be working, and Derek still has school, we will have a GRRREAT summer!

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

SO FUN! I love summer too--but I do remember it being much more fun as a child. Probably because as a parent we're responsible for everything! :)

I hope your summer is AWESOME!

Kimberlee said...

Yeah!!! I LOVE summer and your post made me remember why I LOVE it! I still get just as excited for summer as I did when I was a kid (especially the snow cones)! I start counting the days until summer the day after I take down my Christmas decorations.

One year for my birthday Spence made it summer for me in my apartment. He cranked the heat up, decorated with palm trees and stuff, we wore our shorts and sandles, ate fruit, and listened to summer music. It was fun!

I LOVE SUMMER! Now if only it would stop raining so we could acutally have a day that really feels like summer.

Kimberlee said...

I lied...it was for Valentines Day not my birthday! Completely unimportant, but right when I pushed publish I realized that I had written my birthday.

Lacy said...

I think that's right, parents don't get that same "break" that kids get.

That's such a fun idea that spence did fr you kim. You are so funny, you start looking forward to Christmas like after the fair don't you?

Cassie and Mark said...

Horray for summer! Swimming lessons, summer reading program, and movie matinees are our favorite activities!