To begin, I just learned that summer doesn't officially start until like June 21st! So....I haven't missed the 'bell' I can be all ready (for the official day anyway).
Wii- I played a wii once on Christmas for not very long. We played bowling and I thought it was pretty neat, however I was definitely fine living without one and I had no wii cravings afterwards. We are at my sister's house in Pleasant Grove Utah and they recently got a Wii. Last night after everyone went to bed we started playing tennis. I was instantly a fan. I'm a sure I look like a lunatic because I don't passively move my paddle. I'm crouched down in full tennis position and when the ball comes I'm swinging and bouncing with all my might. I think I even make those professional tennis star sounds like Serena Williams makes when she hits the ball. You know what I'm talking about right? You would think with all my pro moves and all that I would kick booty. I certainly felt like I was. However, Derek still once every time. that's A-O.K. though. I've accepted the fact that he is much better than me at all things related to video games. I was going to say all things technical and then I remembered that I can operate a computer like a wiz kid compared to my sweetheart. I do have to find a way to hit the imaginary ball with out causing so much pain to my shoulder though. hahaha the whole thing just makes me laugh. After tennis we played golf. Derek thought that I would have no chance at gold. I"ll have you know that he only won by one measly point and I thought I was completely robbed and it should have been a tie. In case anyone reading this plays gold on the wii, beware of the tap-ins where the bal sits right on the edge and you think it should be eay as pit to tap it in because in real life even my 4 yr old could do it, right? Well, on the wii its tri-cky. I swing it just a bit to tap it in, and nothing happens I tried that several times, so I did it just a bit harder and the stinkin ball goes flying over the hole and Derek ends up getting his ball in before me. booooo! That's all right. The fact that I ALMOST beat him was good enough. To summarize. I am now having wii with drawls and hoping that my husband doesn't suggest buying one in the near future because I don't know If I'll have the will power to say no. He plans on buying an x-box 360 soon (which I don't think I have a say in) because the new ninja Gui don game is coming out and they are only making it for x-box 360. He REALLY likes that game. He really rarely plays his gaming systems (I'm quite impressed actually) I would say like only once a month. Ninja Gui don is the one game that he has cravings for. Who am I to deny him that little piece of adolescence, especially when he handles it so responsibly after all. (minus the whole, I'm-buying-the-360-no-matter-what thing hehe :) I guess we'll just have to wait a few years for the wii. We can do it..or can we? only time will tell.
4 comments:
wii love our Wii!!! DEFINITELY worth the investment if you buy it in the store and not overpriced on Ebay, etc. We have had so much fun with ours, and the kdis get just as involved as everyone else--it gets everyone up and going, and is SO much fun!!!
I say go for it if the chance presents itself...but make sure you have a camera first to take PICS of you playing!
I have never played a Wii. I am not very fond of video games, however, I think that it sounds like a lot of fun. Good fun for the whole family, what is not to like?
Mindi :)
That's why we got ours. We spent the weekend at my dad's and couldn't turn the thing off so when we came home we went through serious withdrawals. We bought one as soon as we found one. The Wii fit is so fun too!
Yep us too. Lara and Jeff brought their's over to play after Sunday dinner and Drew and I loved it. They are so much fun. The wii fit is great to do while the kids are napping... its fun and you loose weight at the same time :)
Post a Comment