Warning: If you have some warped idea that I'm close-to perfect and want to maintain that dilusion, then I recommend not reading this post. It contains the good, the bad, and the ugly of Lacy Dean.
First I'll start by saying that Jade had her tumbling recital on Thursday. Her great grandma and grandpa Lemmon were here and stayed with us that night. The tumbling section is quite long and gets a little redundant, but they seemed to enjoy themselves quite a bit. They saw a family that used to live in Mackay 4 years ago -- reunion time. Grandpa was especially fun to watch as the little tumblers went across the floor. There was one little boy who was having a heck of a time with his straddle front rolls. Grandpa was laughing so hard . He turned to me and said, "someone glued that boys pants to the floor". My grandpa always has witty remarks, I love it.
There was a silent auction and I got 3 Mary Kay items for super cheap! Very exciting!
The next day was the dance recital. I'm still really busy at work of course, it's may (well was May) May is super busy for me. Derek brought the kids in to me because I needed to get Jadelyn some Jazz shoes and a birthday present for Emry. One of her dance shoes has mysteriously disappeared recently. Well my kids stayed at work with me for almost 2 hours so I couldn't finish some stuff up and not be too badly behind on monday. They were really well behaved and everyone just eats them up. I stayed a little too long, putting us in a time crunch. Then of course when we went to Kings for the b-day gift, we stayed a little too long their too. I hemmed and hawed over the perfect gift, a worth-while age appropriate toy for my toy deprived son, and something small - cheap- and actually useful Jadelyn could get so I wouldn't hear how she was the only one who didn't get anything. Every little thing that could go wrong, was. But we were all still in good spirits. Next we zoomed over to On Stage. O.k. we zoomed over to the spot On Stage used to be. Where did it go? It probably moved years ago, but I didn't need it until right now and it's suppsed to be here dang it. So, then we went to Payless, hoping they had something "We only keep those stocked in our mall store" humpf, we didn't have time to go to the mall store. Let me tell ya, traffic was HORRIBLE. So we walked next door to Target. We decided the dance slippers would work for now, better them than bare feet, and we would get the jazz shoes a different time. Target had allot of the larges (1-3) and even quite a few of the smalls (6-9) but no mediums (10-13) and of course that's what we needed. I tried to squeeze her into a small, no sucess. I asked her if she could handle the larges even if they were a little big, but they were ALOT big. We even asked a very hard-to-find target person to check to see if they had any in stock in back...there were none. BOO! I was trying not to focus on the time in order to keep myself sane. We arrived in Filer right at 6:00. 6:00 is the time Jade was supposed to be there to warm up. Not just be there, but be there with costume on, others costumes in back , hair in pony tail with curls and black ribbon, stage makeup and dance shoes. We were skipping the dance shoes so let's see what else we can skip. We hurried home, threw on her costume and as she was putting on her shoes, Phoenix got to close and the drama began. She started screaming about the dog and it led on to yelling about everything else. I was trying to be the fastest mom ever putting in the the high pony tail, but she was in no mood for holding still or hair brushing. I was trying very hard not to loses it but the culmination of the whole day was too much and we both ended up screaming. Not at each other, just in frustration. She had been yelling and crying so hard that her throat hurt and she was having a hard time breathing. I told her I loved her, to calm down and take deep breaths. right as we were about to walk out the door, tear streaked faces and all, the phone rang. "Is Jadelyn coming to the recital?" "Yes. I said curtly" "Well we're starting in 15 min." Oooh, any composure I still had went out the window. "I'm hurrying as fast as I can" I barked and hung up the phone" oops, not very kind of mommy. I lost control of my tears and and let the mascara run as I shuttled us a block over to where the recital was. Now I was the one having the hard time breathing, and my SWEET little daughter said "take deep breaths mom". When we got there we hugged and exchanged loves and then she raced inside while I got Conny, Jordan, and clothes into the church. I was VERY ambarrassed for my phone behavior and still struggling to gain composure. I bit my pride and went into the get-ready room any way. Trina (the dance instructor came over and put her arm around my shoulder "are you having a bad day?" she kindly asked? "yes I said as I covered my eyes and and once again started to bawl. I apologized for my phone conduct, she reassured me. I spilled the beans about our shoe problems, she found someone in a different class that Jade could trade on and off with. Another sweet mother put make-up on Jadelyn and I worked on allowing myself to calm down. In spite of our major melt down, my daughter danced beautifully!! She really did. I had been worried because she's the only 4 yr old in a class of 6& 7 yr olds, but she definitely held her own. Through whispered prayers, the help of sweet sisters, and the forgiveness of Christ, we made it through the evening and even enjoyed it. I learned so much! I don't know if it was my already emotional state or not but so many fo those little dancers brought me to tears. --good tears though. A few of them have such a joyful glow that shines on their face and in their dancing. I can't help but tear up. That's the summary of our melt down to the dance recital. Wish I could show you pictures...but you know, someone taking potty break in black foot has my camera and we've yet to get a new one :(
3 comments:
Oh Lacy! I am so sorry you had a rough adventure getting to the dance recital, but I'm glad it all worked out and I admire your positive attitude! You are great! What a bummer about your camera! Hopefully you get a new one soon.
Okay Lacy--I have been SOOOO glad that you posted and wsa just waiting for the chance to comment.
WOW! You are HUMAN?>? who ever knew?!?! :) I am glad to know, that's for sure...
Don't we all have those kinds of days?
Glad you made it through the recital--well, TO the recital! hehehe....what a beautiful girl I bet she was.
YOU MUST REPLACE YOUR CAMERA SOON! How can you stand it?!?! :) Really! I am DYING for more pics from you!!!!
thanks for your comments girls...love you!
Post a Comment