Right now my feet are freezing. It has something to do with the fact that it's winter and we have the fan on in the basement.
We've been getting warmer weather lately. All that sunshine melting all of our back yard snow, some how found it's way into our basement...in several rooms. I'm not happy. My house is cold and stinky. How's yours?
I'm 28 now! I really like birthdays. My daughter and husband went to Disneyland for my birthday, yes, without me. I know that sounds odd, but it's totally cool. They call me alot and tell me everything they're doing. I love that she gets to see Disneyland in it's Christmas Decor. They videotaped her plane ride for me and when she figured out that her hangman word was Disney land. She didnt know where they were going. It's an early Christmas gift for her. Why and how they got to go is a long story but I am honestly so glad that they have this opportunity. My birthday was without expectation. It was simple and nice. Conny, Jordan, and I went out to Thai food for dinner. Yum. I watched a movie with some friends. Jordan and I did some dancing, and some cleaning. My mom called and sang me one of her personalized birthday songs on my answering machine. My grandma, Jadelyn, friend Jessica, and husband called me and I got an enormous amount of facebook birthday wishes. Jadelyn sounds heart breakingly adorable on the phone. She sang me Happy "Birfday" with the "and many mores" and it made me cry. Oh, and I got a p.p.s on Kim's blog :) My cousin Jerem got me some red roses on order from my husband and put them on the dinner table. It was very thoughtful of both of them. My parents had a hard time getting over the fact that half of my family wasn't going to be here for my birthday (even though it wasn my suggestion) and they made sure I had birthday presents almost a week early to open. They couldn't be here either. We are house hunting so they got me some stuff I can use when we get a new home. I got a very cool high tech looking cook and go crock pot thingy, some towls and wash cloths, and some finernail polish with pen tips! K, that last one was for the kid in me, not my house. They gave that one to me before Jadelyn left on Thurday so she and I could paint nails together. I did a snowman and snow flakes on hers...it was harder than it looked. My nails are too stinkin tiny to do much too. I'm hoping this is extra incentive for me to STOP BITING THEM. UGGH, it's ridiculous!
Today I've been making blocks for some Christmas presents. They're fun and cute! I'm hoping the kids like them too. I'll post them when I'm done.
I am so grateful for my 28 years; Stinky Basement, stubby fingernails, and all.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
It was my birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so glad for your 28 years, Lacy! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! And I hope Jade remembers her Disney trip forever and ever! That way she can show you all around the next time, when you'll be able to be with her! ;)
What a different birthday!! So glad your hubby and daughter got a fun early Christmas present, even if it was during your special day. Sounds like there were plenty of people to help make up for it!
I am excited to see how your house hunt goes...and all that this new year holds for you! Happy birthday again!
Have I mentioned how much I love you lately?
If not, let me mention it.
I love you!
Oh, and sorry about the basement.
And also...go see "The Blind Side". I liked it, and I think you would as well.
Post a Comment