Life
passing, fleeting
If you love someone, tell them.
If you LOVE someone, SHOW them.
If you want to do something, try something, help someone, share something, forgive someone;
Today may be THE day. The LAST day of this fleeting life.
Let's get brave. Let's get real and brave and enjoy this life, and this day.
Today I found out that a family friend died last night, of a nut allergy of all things. A single brazille nut was the instrument in which his life ended within 5 minutes. I wish my mind catalogged more memories of him besides flushing his cigarettes down the toilet when I was a kid. I didn't really know who he was today. I read his facebook profile today and my heart ached even more. My heart is joyous for the good years he recently had and aches that they will not continue. My heart aches for his wife that I've talked to about twice in my adult life. I played at her house every day for a week once. My heart aches for that 3 week old baby who I've never met and who will never remember her daddy. My heart aches for his brother and sister in law who I ran with, sang with, rooted for, whose wedding I sang at and whose house I've only visited once in my married life. My heart aches that I want to help this family heal and I feel like an outsider.
My heart ACHES that even though I feel this way TODAY, tomorrow - I might STILL not start that scrapbook I've been meaning to do for years, call that astranged friend I've longed to call, or be brave enough to befriend someone new or comfort someone old. When I was young I was brave, I didn't think or worry, I acted and loved. I've been hurt, I've hurt others. and I've become afraid. You and me...we are alive. We should, I SHOULD, not be afraid of living. The good and the bad; that is life. Maybe the trick is learning to keepsake the good and be courageous enough to learn from the bad.
If you have any thoughts on how to overcome fear, comfort those who've lost loved ones, or love this life and those in it, please, do share.
Justin Hammond's funeral will be held on Saturday, Dec. 12th at 1:00 at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Filer.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
heartaches
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh that was so sweet! I am sorry for the loss in your life. What a tragedy! I hope you will feel like you CAN comfort...because I am sure anything you will say will mean the world to them!
You are so sweet...and in our thoughts and prayers right now, as well as that family. Hang in there!
That whole post summed up the Lacy Dean that I know. I don't know how you fit a heart that big into one body, but you do it beautifully.
And I agree with you entirely. It makes me feel like I'm taking complete advantage of the time I'm given and I still always think I'll have tomorrow... :)
Post a Comment