Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black Friday: Derek and I went last year. It was fun, and exhausting. This year we had intentions of going. However the fact that we just don't have any money was a big detourent. Instead, I slept in until 10:00! My body needed it. Even with all that sleep I was still falling asleep everytime we were in the car and felt like I needed a nap around 4:00. I thought that was odd.

Thanks Giving Dinner: I am amazed at how much effort we all go through for this meal. The annual turkey fest was held at my house this year. My parents couldn't get a truck load out from Florida in time so they didn't arrive until yesterday morning. My sister and I were the main cookers. Thank goodness she was here. I really enjoyed cooking with her. My sister in law was a liefe saver with drink and snack trays. I learned so much cooking this dinner. #1 being, I do not like the roll recipe I used this year and last and will not use it again. #2 It's probably a good idea to check the roasting pan every half and hour to make sure it didn't mysteriously stop working and cause your turkey to be 2 hours behind schedule. Oh, guess what people. There wasn't one adult squabble at my house. Even with several cooks in the kitchen. Loved it!

Gratitude: I love all the thoughts and feelings this holliday has brought. For me it all started last Sunday and has just climaxed. The whole week was one big thankyou, and man it feels good to be grateful continually.

Gone are the days of building forts all day in the basement while the parents slave away above. Indoor tag, trampoline marathons in the cold, movies and turkey coma now belong to a different generation. I really loved all the cooking and responsibilities however I wish my sister could have stayed longer after our main responibilities were over. The cooks need a vacation too!

I hope you will join me in keeping gratitude in our hearts hour by hour day by day. Gratitude to that God who have us life and his only begotten son who gave his life for us. How blessed we are to have food, heat, indoor plumbing, time for recreation, healthy bodies, and people to love.

3 comments:

Linds said...

You sure missed out on the crazey people! I HONESTLY think the only thing worth going in the am on Black Friday is coming home with funny people stories!
I'm so glad you enjoyed the buttermilk syrup...DELECTABLE!

Kimberlee said...

What roll recipe did you use? I always use Mrs. Annen's butterflake rolls. I heart them!

I've only gone out on Black Friday twice (not counting when I was young and would go with my mom). Both times I swore NEVER to go again. I like to browse and compare when I shop. I'm not a huge impulse buyer. I think you have to be an impulse buyer to be a happy Black Friday shopper.

I am so with you on all the graditute stuff. That was the topic for my sacrament talk last week so it has been constantly on my mind for a few weeks. I am so incredibly blessed!

That is so funny that Derek always takes the drumstick. Does he pull all the meat off or just eat it like a chicken leg?

By the way... I would love to hear how I'm the same and how I'm different from back in the day. I feel EXACTLY the same. :)

Linds said...

Hi AGAIN! I thought I'd let you know that I cut and colored my hair RIGHT AFTER taking those pictures! I usually do my hair wavy and the outgrowth wasn't noticable, so I was going to grow out the colored ends. Well. After cutting my hair, I do it straight more often and I HAD to color my hair.
Happy Holidays!!!