I made blocks for Christmas. No, it's only January, not April, sheesh. AND if it were April it would still be perfectly appropriate to post a December post. Why, well because that's how it frequently works around here...just go with it :)
The lucky recipients of these amazing blocks were my son, my niece, and my nephew. They might debate the use of the word amazing, but I think they turned out splendidly for my first attempts.
I got the idea from a blog on here. Now because it WAS so long ago, I honestly can't remember which one it was. I thin it was the cute blog I have listed in my side bar, but I really can't remember. Sorry for who ever originally posted this idea.
Fairy Tale Castle Set
i bought some already sanded wood from Lowes, Measured out the sizes I wanted and our friend Bo was so kind to cut them out for me. I painted, stuck on my chosen stickers, put a stencil letter on the back and modge podged over the whole thing.
Animal Set
My little Soux Cheff got an apron. I also found this idea somewhere on the internet. Hot pad and dish towel. So cute and so cheap the hot pad was .50 each and this towel $1.50 I also made my a different neice a similar one with the same hot pad but her skirt was a pink and white plad dish towel that I got at the dollar store. The belt and neck tie was white biased tape. I put 2 white flowers buttons with pink centers at the top and center of the hot pad and some green shiny beeds i had scatters on the belt and skirt. It was REALLY cute.
Apron
4 comments:
cute cute blocks! Those are great gift ideas too. For Christmas I did the same thing cept with Nativity stickers. I love it. This makes me want to do more though.
You are so crafty cousin! Very cute ideas!
What fantastic ideas, Lacy! Each and every one turned out incredible! Investing your time into things that turn out that cute is priceless!
Look at you go. I saw those blocks circling the internet as well, and was going to make them for Jace for Christmas. I never found any stickers I liked...and therefore, never got them done. Maybe next year.
It all turned out adorable.
Post a Comment