For Spring Break we went to .....*drum roll*...... Las Vegas.
This was our first time using our time share and we loved it. Actually cooking the majority of our food instead of eating out every meal saved BIG bucks.
We were terrible at taking pictures. Derek and I discussed making usre our memory cards were epmty and that we had plenty of them with us, but neither of us actually made this happen. All in all we had very little picture options. My parents met us there on our 4th day and dad has his big ol fancy camera which he brought with us probably a wappin 2 times.
I will have to blog the highlights so to help us remember, since our 'pictures' won't be of much use.
We went to Las Vegas by way of rental car. This was HILARIOUS. For those of you who know my husband you know he has a think for cadilacs. Thus he likes the big long cars; he likes his space. He's also not big on color, black or dark green would be his preference. Well, this rental car was a brand spankin new bright FUSIA, Nissan CUBE. Cube is a very applicable name for this car. It's front and it's back are practically straight, a real box on wheels. We had a good laugh about it for quite awhile. It looked like a clown car! hahaha --At least it was easy to spot in parking lots. I can't believe we didn't take a picture. boo. Jadelyn loved our transportation. Derek thought it drove really well and had a surprsing amount of power. My leggs were so cramped and I couldn't lean back at all, but I would have been able to wear 5 hats and still have plenty of ceiling room. No joke people. The roof of this thing was amazingly tall. A very tall person (which neither describes me or my husband) would have plenty of head space.
The kids were angles on the way down. Thinking back on it I'm so grateful. The past 2 weeks we havn't been able to drive 15 minutes with them by eachother without giant escapades. The fact that we drove about 16 hours in the car (both ways) without a hiccup is nothing short of a miracle.
I was a car sick mess. I didn't every throw up, but I might have preferred that. If my eyes were open I felt terrible. Hot, muggy, headaches, stomach in throat, and IRRITABLE. Near the end of the trip I was thinking, well, maybe I'm pregnant, that would explain this bazzar car phobia. No, I'm not pregnant. I think I was just allergic to the cube. :)
So because I didn't enjoy the feeling riding in the car gave me, I slept. alot. Alot is an understatement. For the entire span of our trip we MIGHT be able to say that I was awake for an accumulative 4 hours-might. My husband was cute. When I'd open my eyes, he'd greet me "good morning sunshine! You think we have have at least 15 minutes of time together before you visit dream land again?" One time I was awake for 30 minutes and he told me later he was really excited and was thinking, "wow we've been able to talk for half an hour and she still looks wide awake, maybe she'll be awake the whole time now." Right after he thought that he looked over and I was out. He dubbed me mildly narcoleptic.
We left Late the Thursday night before spring break, slept in Wendover at a hotel room his sister was able to comp for us, saw his family for about 20 minutes the next morning and hit the rode. We made it to Vegas about 3:45. Great timeing. Our check-in time was 4:00.
Jadelyn was instantly dissapointed with the weather. "This isn't Las Vegas" she said, very sure of herself "Las Vegas is hot". It was warmer than the weather we left but still required a jacket for comfort. It took us several hours to convince that indeed it was Las Vegas and we hadn't tricked her. That evening we unpacked. Jade organized her and Jordans stuff in their drawer in the living room, I did my stuff in our room, and Jordan helped me with the kitchen. Derek was the car to room man , and of course took care of his stuff too. Even the unpacking was nice. Vacation just has a different feel to it. We ordered pizza into our room from the pizza place on our condo campus, made some plans, then went over the Sanpoint Casino across the way. We loved that their was no going through the casino to get to our room and also loved that our Condo was on the outskirts of town so their were no inapropriate pictures staring at us. The Sandpoint has a huge bowling alley, 3D theatre, arcade, and much more. We played in the arcade and game room then went back to our hotel for swimming at hotub.
It was a relaxing way to start off our vacation.
1 comment:
SO WAIT...WHY did you rent a car? SO confused!
We have stayed in a timeshare a time or two, and it was ALWAYS so nice.
WAY out of our pricerange right now, but nice to use for sure! Glad you got to use yours!!!
Post a Comment