Thursday, April 1, 2010

blog ice breaker from the sleepy mind of Lacy

It's late/early. Tomorrow I'll be wishing that I was in bed right now.
7:30 Basketball game in Twin Falls with Pet Smart and Winco afterwards led to a late night for getting the kiddos in bed. I 'chose' not to excersise at a 'normal' time today so I got to do it at 10:45. I'm happy I did. It was great. However, it gave me more energy than I feel like I've had all day. So... now it's just me and my neglected blog.
FYI Derek's team lost their game. It was pretty messy. They did win the previous 2 though. I'm just glad I got to watch the last 3 after me and Jade missing them for so long during play rehearsals.
Today Jordan started saying pants! It comes out as Pan (with a really quiet n sound). AND I finally confirmede that reeree means fish. I've been wondering it for awhile but couldn't really understand why reeree would be fish. While at PetSmart today it pointed to the dangling ceiling fish and shouted "reeree!" For a double check I pointed to the fish tanks and asked "Jordan, what's in those tanks?" Yes, the answer was reeree. You think maybe it's for fishY? that possibility of them sounding similar just popped into my noggin. I gave him mega praise of course. He's so unwilling to parrot us in any words and has taken such a long to want to speak that any attempt gets mucho hugs and kisses. Derek and I prodded for a really long time last night to get him to say the word milk instead of just using the sign. We let him know that if he watned some in sippy cup for bed that he needed to ask for it by saying the word. He kept doing the sign spastically with both hands and a big grin on his face hoping that we would escept that. FINALLY after about 15 min. and Derek coaxing him to whisper it in his ear, we got something that sounded like MAgaka. He got huge excitement from both of us. :)
O.K. I'm tired now.
Lacy - out. *muah* (kiss, not evil laugh ;) hehe Janelle)
just kidding, I decided I need to post a picture. It will be totally random I'm sure. Let me go find one. ------ hmmm. My post picture button doesn't want to work right now. O.K. no picture. instead you can get a mental picture of me right this second.
location: computer desk
position: back straight, sitting up nice and tall (computer habit, compliments of my funky chair I used at Blip Printers)
hair: messy mid-height ponytail with falling out bangs that swoop to right behind my right ear.
clothes: lavendar yogo pants, grey shirt with long, short sleeves, and low neck, layered on top of an organge sports tank (ooh, that sounds really fashionable hahaha, espeically the color combo. Wait, it gets better. fuzzy blue robe, socks, and cream knitted slippers.
Expression: sleeping zoned out eyes, and weird concentrating scowel. I can feel it all and I'm not moving it just for the sake of authenticity. hahaha, I'm a dork (those are inside chuckles though, mouth is still oddly serious.) My lower jaw has dropped but my lips are perced. I think I make this expression when I read sometimes. ps. It's not my husbands favorite :)
-End of mental picture.
woo-ee. I bet you really hope my picture button works next time.

No comments: