Jadelyn and I went out today. Yes, Just the 2 of us. Conny and Jordan both asked for their shoes but we politely declined.
We went to Wal•Mart (yes, I used to hate walmart...I'm not so hateful anymore, it's just easier not to be. Oh that's a sad statement. I shall never use it again.) Anyway. I've been shopping 3 days in a row this week. That's ODD for me. I'm reforming my shopping habits. I think if you shop often and have self control, you can get the good deals. We'll see how I feel about that next month. Each day we've been to different stores getting what they had on sale. Today was the final day of finishing Jade's school shopping list. Today was also the day she got some school clothes. I was not including clothes on the school shopping list just so you know. She was really cute with the clothes. Everytime she tried something on she would dance around the dressing room, model several different angles in front of the mirror, and ask me to announce her. "Now presenting miss Jadelyn Dean wearing her ...." At one point during the shopping she decided that we need to call each other madam moiselle after every comment we made. If I said something like "Now we need to get glue" and left off the 'madam moiselle" she would lean her head down, raise her eybrows, and clear her throat until I got the point. She's a funny girl. Most of the clothes she picked out were shades of pink. There was one longish shirt with a scarf that she just HAd to have in green.
After much coaxing she agreed to purchase (or let me purchase) some jeans. She is not a jeans girl but we're working on the conversion. Also they were the ONLY pants she tried on that actually fit her right. She's so long legged and skinny (and PICKY) that most of the pants, non jeans inlcluded, were just not working. I think the fact that the jeans were covered in sparkles helped me make the sale.
I enjoyed shopping with her! We'll be going to a different store for some more stuff a different day. I have decided that it is totally ok to call it a day without actually being done. In fact ... it's great! One store was plenty for us today. This book I read, called Help Me I'm Stressed by Susan Meyer, helped me to understand that it's important to call it quite. If you feel prompted to go home...then go home! ..even if your "list" or "goals" are not yet accomplished. Doing this will help keep you fresh and positive and NOT stressed. I probably didn't explain it well but I've been trying it and it's good stuff.
Jadelyn was so tuckered out from all her shopping, dancing, and modeling that she fell asleep on the way home. However when I pulled into the driveway she managed to squeak out, with eyes still shut. "Are they open?" I had told her was would drive by the snow cone place on the way home and get a snow cone (rainbow flavored) if they were still open. I had completely forgotten but went back to see anyway. They were closed but she had fallen back asleep and didn't mind. Besides, I bought us a 3 Musketeers to share in the shopping line so she was pretty tickled. #1 It was my suggestion, she didn't even have to ask #2 I NEVER (ok hardly ever) by candybars, so she thought it was a holliday or something.
The only downside to our trip is that we lost a $5 bill. :( We had bought our stuff, gone to the van and realized that somehow we forgot to pay for the pencil box. I scanned the receipt and sure enough the pencil box # was not on there. humph. It was only $0.62 so honestly I had a brief ,Very Brief, thought of just going home anyway. I remained 'honest in my dealings with my fellow men" and we took it inside. Jadelyn was so cute when I gasped and said "Oh, no I think we forgot to pay for the pencil box". She said "Oh no mom! Let's go pay for it! .....that silly check out guy, he should have known we hadn't paid for that pencil box" The last part wasn't as cute to me but is so her personality right now (everything is always someone elses fault...we're working on that) When we went in I noticed they had the school supply lists (somehow I had missed that the first time). I also notice that their list was different than mine. Boo! The new list gave me 6 more things to buy. The last item was Lysol wipes. They were on a totally different sides of the HUGE Wal Mart. Jadelyn asked if she could ZooOOOOM (go really fast) over there. I agreed. Well, I didn't think things over carefully and left my $5 coupons and list sitting in the front where the baby's sit. The money was the only thing that didn't survive the zooming. We retraced our steps said a prayer, and visited they customer service desk. no money :( oh well. I'm sure someone else needed much more than we did. I had the debit card. hehe :)
I love being a mom. I can't believe my oldest is 6 and starting first grade. First Grade! I remember first grade...really well actually. I can't believe that my daughter is that old already. First grade was when I "fell in love" with Tim Chandler. I remember taking our class pictures home and asking my mom who she thought was the cutest in my class. I was tickled that she agreed with me that it was Tim. I liked him so much that I didn't say more than 10 words to him for the next 8 years. hahaha Dorky I know. Anyway, baby girl can not be THERE yet. *sigh* I have loved it all so far and I will continue to love it. I just don't want to forget any of it or take it for granted. These souls are so precious, especially the pink loving, sparkle wearing kind who dance down the aisles and try to speak french.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Just the Girls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Lacy, my sweet, sweet, Lacy. What a lovely post. It was wonderful (and sparkly) from start to finish.
Post a Comment