Yesterday and today, our lives have revolved around phonebook delivering. O.k., not really but it feels like it. 2 hours of carrying these heavy beauties from door step to door step can take a toll on ones body. Or can it just take a toll on my body? Tell me, does this mean I'm getting old?:
• When we got home last night, every step I took on the right foot sent shooting owiness through my left tushy cheek. I'm sure I pulled it. After intensely painful massaging from handsome hubby it just felt like a terrible bruise this morning. The shooting pains has gone.
• When I woke up this morning, I had shin splints.
• I haven't sweated so much in a long time. Even during intense workouts, I'm sure it was the sun.
These are normal side effects of delivering 215 phone books right..RIGHT?
All in all it was acutally nice (aside from the pulled tushy and shin splints). The neighborhoods we went to were beautiful, I enjoyed being with my kiddos, and it paid for 2.5 months of Jade's dance tuition. My cousin Jerem helped us yesterday. We wasted alot of gas and Jadelyn tuckered out half way through. We did get to play at a new park and eat Albertsons chicken underneath a beautiful tree. Jordan and Jadelyn fought over laying on me as they said through their giggles "my mama" Jordan's was alot less annunciated, but was "my mama" none the less and it was ADORABLE. I LoVE being their mama!
Today their was a nice breeze to accompany us. We devised a new system which involved alot less gas. Jadelyn enjoyed putting the phone books in her purple portable doll wardrobe and rolling them from house to house. She looked so stinkin cute!
In between the 100 addresses we had to visit, we ate some lunch at Smiths, bought $53 worth of groceries for $17, bought the wrong piano book for my piano lessons :) and went to piano lessons. Jadelyn got to do dance dance revolutions, which she loved. Jade was such a good sport through all of our erands up until piano lessons. Her tiredness came out in grouchiness (and plain awnryness) and unfortuantely came back a few more times before bed time. Isn't it so hard to be six? - Physically, no, but I think emotionally, it really is.
After we conquered the enemy phone directory my darling daughter said "that was fun, can we do it again tomorrow?" -- she answered my question. I am old.

6 comments:
Hi! The craft fair is in Pocatello. And Jenn (who's contact info is my blog post) is who to send it too. THanks for your interest!
Now why were you delivering 215 phonebooks, my friend?
things we do for "tushy" massages. ;). i'm still giggling about Jade's practicing.
Lacy, I just love your posts. So descriptive, so honest, so hilarious. And thank you for the compliments on my design blog. That was very sweet of you. I wanted to ask you if you're thinking about doing that craft fair in Pocatello. I got the info from the Cuegly site, too! Let me know! ;)
Hey there. My email is kimberleemyers@hotmail.com. I think I know the sad news that you are going to tell me. But email me anyways.
We are coming down for the fair/rodeo tommorrow. Zayne (Jami's new little guy) is getting blessed on Sunday so we are mainly going up there for that, but are going to spend some time at the fair on Saturday. Are you going to be around? Would LOVE to see you.
Why quartz over granite? I would love to hear your opinion.
I had to deliver phone books once. It was a lot of early morning hours and not much fun!
Post a Comment