Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Chaos Takes a Break

Yesterday was a REALLY great day. Start to finish I enjoyed every minute and it was blissful. This may sound like nothing extraordiary to some of you, but for me it really was. It stood out to me alot. It could have started out Rocky because we woke up 10 minutes before the tardy bell rang. I had to hurry Jadelyn along and she was tired, but I was able to be Extremely patient through it and my dad took her to school on his was into town. After she left Jordan and matched and folded the clean socks. He would pick up a hadful of socks with his bottle-free hand, then toss them into my laugh and chuckle around the bottle nipple. It was sweet and fun. NO ONE raised their voice once the whole day! Jordan only cried ONCE and that was when I couldn't carry both him and a load of laundry down the stairs at the same time. Conny & Jadelyn were sweet and kind to everyone (including each other the ENTIRE day. The TV wasn't on once. We got 15 new library books. We are totally loving Amelia Bedilia. The entire family was together for large periods of time. Derek and I even got to have grown up converstation! We had a towel fight and to our surprise, Jadelyn was actually on MY side! :) She was trying to hold his towel while I snapped him. It was great team work. He tried to rally Phoenix to his cause but she was far too interested in chasing Shadows. The only hitch in the day was that Family Home Evening wasn't started in time for Derek to be involved before he went to school, and since it was late we had to rush a little bit. I was so happy with my family and thoroughly noticed the difference in our home when everyone is relaxed, makes the most of each moment, and there is no contention. Hopefully this doesn't sound like There is usually fights and turmoil. We have normal daily chaos. Yesterday just somehow skipped it. I liked it!

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

HALLELUJAH!!! YOU TOTALLY DESERVE AN AWESOME DAY LIKE THIS!! I love those days of peace and solace...may you have many, many more!

Kimberlee said...

Oh how I love Amelia Bedilia! And how I love days like this.