Thursday, December 11, 2008

We bought our Christmas tree today! Derek, the kids, and I went and picked out a tree on Tuesday. We were on a tight schedule and when we realized that all we had with was a debit card and the tree guys only took cash we had to wish our tree fairwell and hurry away. Today Conny, the kids, and I had the task of picking up a tree. We went to a different place that had cheaper trees and found one that Jadelyn loved. I'm incredibly nervous picking out a tree without Derek. I think they are all beautiful, even the funky chunky ones. Derek has a different idea and our tree must be tall, fat, and full. Jade seemed to have the same taste in trees aS her dad so I thought it would be safe to go with her pick, after we went to another place that is. We went back to the spot we had picked our original tree from. She and I scoured the lot and couldn't find one that we thought could be it. She said "We got to go back and get my tree, it will be great." So we did. The guy even cut $5 bucks off the price for us ... so we bought cookies. :) As we were driving away I told her I was nervous about the tree and afraid daddy may not like it. She said "He'll love it because I love it" "And if he doesn't, it's too late now" She said that last part with such cute sassy attitude. Derek has only viewed the tree from the top of the van since we shall be putting it up tomorrow. So far he gives me a funny look and voice and says "I don't know about that tree". But he agrees that if she loves it, he will love it.
Jordan was seeming extra big to me tonight so I took a picture to share. Last night he fell asleep in his high chair at 7:00 because he missed his second nap. He rarely does well when he misses his secong nap. He woke up and fell back aslep 4 more times before the he finally gave in. Any way, after he decided to stay up and play, Derek and I had a lot of fun with him. We had previously moved 2 chairs out of the living room to make room for our tree. Jordan thoroughly enojoyed all that space. He pushed his walking car all around, made a huge mess with his blocks, and played peek a boo with us from behind the tapestry on the wall. Every time he fit his wooen peg into the hole on the ball he got such a proud look on his face, held it up to Derek and shouted "DADDA" when Derek would clap he got and even prouder look on his face and then on o his next project. Little people bring a special joy with them, whether it's picking out Christmas trees, reading the 8th Amilia Bedilia book in 2 days, learning to walk, or playing peek a boo. singing *These are the days, that we remember*
These were taken and our ago.

These last 3 were taken Sunday morning.

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

HOORAY! I can't wait to see your tree all set up! I am sure it's PERFECT!!!

Dena said...

Horray for Christmas trees! I love the picture of Jordan's hair all sticking up. I can't believe how big he is.

amanda said...

i love the hair

Kimberlee said...

Good luck with the Christmas tree. Spencer and I have always bought a real tree, but this year we gave in bought an artificial one. I think we are still going to get a real one for the family room in the future (I want a kid tree and a me tree because I'm selfish! I love the idea of the kids hanging all their decorations and stuff on the tree, just not on MY tree ;)

Your kids are getting so big and I too love Jordan's hair!