Wrapping paper or gift bags? within my house - Wrapping paper, outside of my house - gift bag (if I have a previously used one the right size and season hahaha)
Real tree or Artificial? real, even the thought of mentioning an artificial tree is outlawed in the Dean home. Growing up it was almost always artificial.
When do you put up the tree?I would love to say the day after thanksgiving, but that would be an untruth. The truthful answer is 'whenever we buy one'. We did much better this year than last year, although even though it's been here a week or so...it still remains lights only. Poor ornamentless tree.
Do you like eggnog? yes it's Delicious!...as long as there is no rum flavor. I bought some truely dissapointing eggnog around Thanksgiving time.
Favorite gift received as a child?hmmm My teddy bear night gown with matching teddybear stuffed animal. The night gown had a heart shaped pocket and the teddy bear was holding an identical heart between it's paws. I loved it. I also remember being gaga over alvin and the chipmunks stuffed animals when I was 4 and puppy surprise when I was much older than four. I didn't want to grow up. I was easy to please, they were all my favorite. The only thing I remember not being happy about on Christmas morning was a very odd pair of turquoise coordiroy pants.
Real tree or Artificial? real, even the thought of mentioning an artificial tree is outlawed in the Dean home. Growing up it was almost always artificial.
When do you put up the tree?I would love to say the day after thanksgiving, but that would be an untruth. The truthful answer is 'whenever we buy one'. We did much better this year than last year, although even though it's been here a week or so...it still remains lights only. Poor ornamentless tree.
Do you like eggnog? yes it's Delicious!...as long as there is no rum flavor. I bought some truely dissapointing eggnog around Thanksgiving time.
Favorite gift received as a child?hmmm My teddy bear night gown with matching teddybear stuffed animal. The night gown had a heart shaped pocket and the teddy bear was holding an identical heart between it's paws. I loved it. I also remember being gaga over alvin and the chipmunks stuffed animals when I was 4 and puppy surprise when I was much older than four. I didn't want to grow up. I was easy to please, they were all my favorite. The only thing I remember not being happy about on Christmas morning was a very odd pair of turquoise coordiroy pants.
Easiest person to buy for? Conny. She will always be thrilled with cookies and socks. Thrilled is an understatement. We get bouncing, squealing, clapping and and extreme giggling. This year I bought her a baby doll so I think her excitement will be uncontrolable. Especially since Santa will bring cookies and socks too.
Hardest person to buy for? My dad is so difficult to shop for. Everything he does want that's under $200 he allready buys himself so it's a very difficult task.
Do you have a nativity scene?I don't have one of my own, but I get to used my mommy's since hers isn't really safe on the semi.
Do you have a nativity scene?I don't have one of my own, but I get to used my mommy's since hers isn't really safe on the semi.
Mail or email Christmas cards? I mainly just think about mailing christmas cards :(
Worst Christmas gift you ever received?oh, I already answered that one. the turqoise coordiroys (yeah, I don't know how to spell that and don't care enought to look it up, sorry)
Favorite Christmas Movie?I don't really have a favorite. I started watching It's a wonderful life for the first time ever the other day and unfortunately haven't finished it yet. I do like it so far. I think I prefer Christmas books. I love A Christmas Melody, and recently balled through Christmas Jars.
When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'm not really a girl of 'usually's' the only 'usually' you can 'usually' count on with me is late or behind. I have been trying for SEVERAL years to break that so now you can't even count on that :)
Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?Actually I don't think I have. I am not against the idea though. I'm too selfish or too much of a horder I guess. So far I stick to recycling the bags.
Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?chocolate orange sticks, andes mints, homemade candies, let's face it ... everything.
Lights on the tree?Yes, 2 strings of white 2 strings of colored and one string that I think was once red but has mainly faded to white. They blink :)
Favorite Christmas song?Today I'm really loving God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Travel at Christmas or stay home?Both.
Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?Most Defintely. Jadelyn has been on a rudolph kick and I have told her the names over a dozen times. She now has them memorized also.
Angel on the tree top or a star?star
Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?Christmas noon, after breakfast. We can however look in stockings and anything that might be by them.
Most annoying thing about this time of year?When people refer to it as x-mas instead of Christmas. I also get a tad bit annoyed at people who skip any form of Christmas because they hate the commericalism. My thoughts are, then skip the commercialism, but don't skip CHRISTmas. Make it what you think it should be.
Favorite ornament theme or color?I really love the old fashioned trees; popcorn, cranberries, pinecones. I have yet to have a tree like that though. I also like white, with a touch of gold and red.
Favorite time for Christmas dinner?I guess I would say breakfast. We have never really done a Christmas dinner, but we do have Christmas breakfast.
What do you want for Christmas this year?I haven't given it much thought actually *thinking* organizational stuff, craft stuff, paint stuff and family peace (extended mainly)
I tag cousin Cassie, Aunt Anita, cousin Tehra, Dena, Janelle, and Julie Boise - (now you have something to put on your blog)
2 comments:
I loved your answers, honey! Your innocent honesty makes me laugh every time! Thanks for tagging me! It's my first, too! :)
I hope you have a beautiful CHRISTmas, Lacy. -xoxo-
Thanks for playing along Lacy Spacy! And I love that you said that you mainly just think about mailing christmas cards! :) You crack me up.
Post a Comment