Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snow Day

This was Jordan's first real experience with snow. He wasn't very interested it in last year, since he was only 2, 3, and 4 months old. This year is a different story. When I showed him the snow out the window this morning he got his oh-so-common and loveable "aahhh" where his eyes open wide. I could only find one mitten so he didn't want to crawl. It took him 3 tries of putting his uncovered hand down to realize that it wasn't going to get any warmer. He, Jadelyn and I played fox and goose, made snow angels, and tried to eat the snow. I thought he would love that part ... I was wrong. I guess it was just too new and too cold to put in the mouth.Jadelyn thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.
I'm pretty sure the time we spent getting all of us snow-ready was longer than the actual time spent in the snow. We loved it none the less. We're really looking forward to the Festival of Lights parade in Buhl tonight so hopefully the snow doesn't prevent that from happening.

The following has nothing to do with snow and is more along the lines of
Ramblings About Birthday Presents:
Right now Jordan is napping, and Derek and Jade are present hunting. Jadelyn was invited to a birthday party today. I've noticed that I like shopping for boys better than girls while under the age of 12. Then it's pretty even during junior high and teen age years. After High school I think females are MUCH easier to buy for than men. All the men in my life only want expensive things. And also I've noticed that men are more likely to get what they want when they realized they wanted it. Many women rarely buy for themselves so buy the time a holliday rolls around the list is plum full of goodies all shapes and prices.

I wonder what they will come home with. Jadelyn had a birthday party to attend last week. Derek and I were togethner but Jordan had fallen asleep in the car so Derek ran into get something. We were at Kings there is always a great toy to buy at Kings. It was for a 5 year old girl who loves tinker belle. not too difficult right? He was in there for 20 minutes and then came out empty handed. This time Jade is with him so hopefully the will at least come home with something :) Also since it's a boy gift I think it's more down his alley. He still loves toys himself so he's great at boy gifts.

Anyway. I have decided that my kids can't have anymore friends with December birthdays. That will be a screening questions when first meeting new kids. If they are a sagitarius and capricorn it just won't do. There is just not enough money to go around the last month of the year. Or maybe instead of outcasting all holliday babies, we can have a disclaimer. "If in the future you wish to invite us to your party (which we would love because we are party people) all gifts will be handmade with love. If a store bought present sounds better to you, than maybe your invitation list should be one few." umm that doesn't sound right at the end does it. I'm just kiddin'. We support all birthdays! But in truth, the holiday kids do tend to get a little jipped I think. I can say that. I am one of them. My birthday is a week before Christmas (Oh my, that means it's coming up soon I'm getting older as I type) and many of my dear friends (and husband) frequently combined gifts. 2 in one I would get. I never minded though. It was still great and I never knew it any other way so it was still fun. I though I was extra special because I got to share a birthday season with Jesus.


3 comments:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Wow, what a busy month you have!!! It's busy without all the extra birthdays!!! We have been enjoying the snow as well. It's fun for now but I know in about a month I'll be done with it and will be wishing for the warmth again! Your kids are darling, by the way!

Dena said...

Snow can be so fun for kids! I am glad that they are enjoying it. Hopefully many more snow days come your way.

Kimberlee said...

Your right, holiday birthdays do get jipped. Sorry about that.