Today has been fun. My kids have done and said the cutest things and I was so badly trying to memorize all of it to keep forever. The past couple of days Derek and I have been getting our friends room ready. He comes home this weekend and since it was Jordans room and kind of the catch all room, we had alot to do. We painted it together and I really enjoyed it. Jadelyn has been in some a good mood and I think you could refer to it as the Christmas spirit. She wants to have such a good Christmas, so she's being so sweet and thoughtful about everything. She and I made Molasses cookies fo my brother and I can't count how many times she said things like "I love cooking with you" and "we have to make these cookies the very best they can be for uncle James". She also said, in a very sweet voice "mom, do you think this dough looks like pooh?" and in an even sweeter voice to Jordan "boy we don't need your help stirring right now, you know how you can help us? You can help us by leaving us alone (then she got close to him and did a baby voice and face) that would really help us alot brother" I found it so funny and cute.
Our washing machine decided to have a melt down and my 'amazing' 'the man' husband fixed it. He was very pleased with himself. Jordan and Jadelyn liked helping him. Jordan still isn't brave enough to take more than 2 -4 steps on his own, however he has picked up holding the phone to his ear and saying "awoa?"
We all finally decorated the Christmas tree on Monday and , better late than never, Derek put the stockings up today. We are really proud of our group decorating, even though the bottom third of our tree has to be bare due to Jordan's obsession with the oranaments. I misjudged how far he could reach. Quick as can be he snatched 2 of the shiny red GLASS balls off the tree and banged them together like he does with all balls, sticks, ok, everything he sees. He was quite surprised when they shattered. He got a tiny little cut on his finger, but didn't even seem to notice, I think he was too entertained by the disapearing balls. To be safe we moved the breakable ones (which sadly enough is the majority of our ornaments) to the top 2/3's of the the tree. It still looks beautiful though. We've really been enjoying the baking smells, Christmas music, Christmas cards, twinkling lights, playing, giggling and team work. Merry Christmas to you all!
2 comments:
I am so glad you had a great Christmas Eve. I think the holiday seems so much more meaningful when you don't have all that stress and contention that can come with life. :)
Hope your Christmas was wonderful!
Hope your Christmas was as great as your Christmas Eve!
And I love that Jadelyn called Jordon "boy"!
Post a Comment