Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cabin Fever

I actually had been feeling a little cabin fever the past couple weeks. Going out to dinner was a nice little break. Today was an even nicer break. Twin Falls Parks and Rec sponsored a Cabin Fever Day. It's a chance for people in the community (especially those with kids) to get out of the house and do something fun for free. At the same time local business get to promote their product. We got a later start than we intended but still did some fun things:

• Shooting targets with a compound bow at the Magic Valley Bow Hunters indoor range
- Jadelyn really liked it. Conny tried but it didn't go so well. I loved it and am a natural :)
It was of course right up (or is it down?) Derek's alley. He loves shooting bows (he has one)
and loves it even more when it's not hurting animals. He's one of those hunt only for food kind
of guys.
• Painting Pottery and doing spin art at Hands On

• Hitting golf balls at the driving range

• making cool little foam and wire art projects at the Creative Arts Center

We tried to go bowling too but there was a 1.5 hour wait. holy telido!

Did I mention that was all free?!?

Then we went to Pizza Hut and used Jadelyn's Book It coupon. I think that's the first time we've ever eaten there as a family since Derek and I have been married.

After that Derek and Bo took the kiddies home and Conny stayed and went grocery shopping for WAY too long.

It was a fun day and I'm looking forward to an uneventful yet uplifting Sabboth tomorrow.
Oh, have I mentioned that I am the new 4th Sunday (Teaching for Our Times) teacher in Relief Society?!? I have yet to teach because my supposed to be first sunday was canceled because of all the snow. I am excited and nervous. I figure pray alot and prepare well. That should do it right? I would feel alot less intimidated if they were all my age instead of my mothers age. Mom's of moms can be intimidating. That's ok all will go well. I am actually really grateful to be able to do this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is Jordan with his engaged to be paternal Grandpa. I love both of their big smiles.

Above are my two handsome boys giving my the point.

Look how serious my kiddos are in this picture with granma and soon to be Grandpa.

I am a recovering pack rat. To make room for some new shoes I bought (50% off at Maurices!) I had to clear off a shelf in my closet. This shelf has been harboring some items from past. I decided it was time to toss the items. Those that had a special place in my heart got a picture taken of them and then they were tossed. Now they will have a special place in my photo album and the McDonalds name tag made it to a special place on my blog. McDonalds was my first job when I turned 16. I was an awfully cute McDonalds girl.

4 comments:

julie said...

Don't worry about teaching, I know you'll be awesome at it. Haha, I substitute taught once in RS and I ended 15 minutes early. So embarrassing. I really just didn't have anything else to say...so yeah, guaranteed you'll do MUCH better than me!

mammabug said...

We tried to do some Cabin Fever, but the teacher didn't show up to the 1st, then we were running late and skating was almost over and then we were way to early and didn't want to wait another hour for the planetarium so we went home. I wanted to go shoot, Jason and I both acquired bows last year.

Rachel Holloway said...

how fun! That sounds so exciting. I am glad you got out of the house! :)

And I bet you were a cute MCD's girl. I can't picture you any other way!

amanda said...

how fun...how do you hear about these things?