So, some of you may know that my life goes in phases ...trial periods...or kicks. I hear something I like, dive into it for it's little trial period, and then decide if it works in our life and if I want to keep it there. I have been known to go on health kicks. I like this because it keeps me motivated and I get smarter, healthier and more successful with each one.
We've been on this work out plan with accompanying diet for a week and a half now. I like it. We've been eating a ton of food (all super healthy) and exercizing alot. Bo's birthday was today and we've all been really excited to finally eat cake. It's ok to break a diet for a birthday right? Of course it is, well at least that's what I've convinced myself.
I made this beautiful carrot cake today. Delicious in every way, like 680 calories a piece delicious. However that calorie count was for the normal kind and I substituted my oil with bean puree' (sp?) much healthier, more moist, and still delicious. Anyway, I have been anticipating the cream cheese frosting with toasted pecans, and the moist cinnimon delightfulness, yum. I ate a piece of cake and it was gooood. Then soon after, I felt ill. Even now, 5 hours later, i feel run down and posioned. The deluctable cake was not worth it. My body is rejecting the 680 calories of yummy sugar. Very disapointing! My tongue wants more and my stomach says. Please, have mercy, not again!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Great Anticipation, Disapointed Results
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I hate it when that happens! Unfortunately, my mouth usually wins the battle and I keep on eating :)
BUMMER!!! I hate it when that happens. But hey, it might make it a little easier to avoid the sweets for a little while longer!!!
Oh I wish my tummy didn't want sweets. My tongue says hooray and my tummy does too!
oooh!!! A problem I actually WANT! I wish I could say no to sweets... :)
That's a tragedy in the worst kind of way! Do tell about the new diet and exercise program.
You are so cute! I love your stories. I know exactly what you mean about your stomach screaming, "no more!" but I usually don't listen. Kudos to you for sticking to your health plan :)
Post a Comment