Friday, January 9, 2009

Today was probably the most productive I've been since after Christmas, and I gotta tell you, I didn't like it. hahaha Maybe tomorrow I'll go about being productive a different way and see how it works for me. It probably didn't help much that Jordan seemed to wak up on the wrong side of the bed and was Mr. screaming demando pretty much all day long.

The Latter Day Saint missionaries joined us for dinner I was a little crunched for time due to my 'productivity' and needy son. Big thanks to Rachel for her recipe blog. I made the baked ziti, with cauliflower, green beans, baked chicken breasts, and cherry no-bake cheesecake (the cheesecake came from the everydayfoodstorage website. Anyway, It was simple, hassle free, and delicious. Just what I needed. We ate at 5:00 because that's what worked well for the Elders. That is a very unusual time for us to eat dinner. We loved it! It gave us time to clean up, do baths, watch a family movie and get the kids to bed at a good time. We might just have to eat around that time everyday. I actually think that most people do that anyway. We're just slow learners I guess. :)

Jadelyn and I made this masterful gingerbread house some time after Christmas. We agreed that Christmas didn't actually have to end on Christmas. Plus the kits were alot cheaper then. :) We usually get the kit that all the grocerie stores sell, I currenlty forgot the brand. This year we got the Wiltons brand from Michaels and we loved it! the windows and doors weren't sketched in so you could choose where you wanted to put everything. They had three sample layouts for you to go from if you wanted. Jadelyn was my architect and I frosted where she directed. The actual house building part was a little frustrating with Jordan especially, but after he went down for his nap and it was time to decorate we had a ball. It's amazing how much more ready she was for this kind of activity now as compared to our Haunted House kit just 3 months ago.

rut ro, baby just woke up. Good night!

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

What a yummy dinner! SOUNDS DELICIOUS!! We sure love ziti around here. I am glad you were productive...feels good...kind of. :) We always eat at 5 around here. LOVE eating then...

And cute gingerbread house. Who says Christmas EVER has to end?

Shane and Amy Jo said...

We feed the missionaries next weekend. Thanks for the dinner idea! Just what I needed!

Hooray for having a productive day. That always gives me a little boost...even when I don't really like!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

amanda said...

gigerbread house turned out cute. that is a good idea not having everything Christmas end with Christmas.