A couple of days ago the weirdest things were happening, and they were only happening to me. It was a very foggy, icy morning. I went out a little before Jadelyn in attempt to defrost the windows and heat up the van before I took her to school. The doors were difficult to get open, but I managed. Then when I got in to start the van, my door would not shut. I tried numerous times and it always bounced open. I checked everywhere to see what could be blocking it...nothing. Humph I said. So I turned off the van and decided to take Derek's car. When I got in, the door did shut, phew, BUT the car would not start, not even a click. The batter had been having a problem a couple of days prior so I thought that's what it was. I did however double check to make sure I was in park and that there were no obvious reasons I was overlooking.
We were in a hurry, as usual unfortunately, so I had to take the van and just drive carefully. It wasn't too hard, but turning corners were a little tricky. I did have to hold the door closed so it wouldn't fly open. hahaha, I bet that was quite the sight from satelite, my door swinging open every time I rounded a corner and me struggling not to fall out.
When I returned home my door still wouldn't shut. I again checked various reasons, no cigar. Before picking her up from school I told Derek of the door problem and the car not starting. He said he would fix it. He went outside and then came in soon with a sweet smile on his face. Did you fix the door, I asked. "Well, I didn't have to." He replied. "It was already shut when I went out there." What no way...I went out and sure enough it as working. Not only that but when he got in his car, it started right up. You have to be kidding me. I WAS NOT imagining these things, I can not be going crazy at 27.
Later than night I couldn't find the work out DVD I needed. I looked all around and it wasn't in it's home in the DVD binder thingy. I went up stairs and asked Derek if he knew where it was. I looked upstairs and he went downstairs to look. When he came up I asked if he found it. He said he thought I had because it was in the DVD player and had acutally been started. Now I did turn everything on and I had neglected to look in the player because I knew that wasn't the last DVD played. Still the fact that it started by itself was odd. Derek just cottled me with a sheepish little grin that said "I love this woman and I sure hope she's not losing her marbles."
There are other explanations right? We have ghosts...that's it. Ghosts that can make the door not close and the car not start and the DVD hide just from me.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Going crazy at 27?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nope--pretty sure you are just going crazy! :) jk!!! Weird stuff for sure!
I don't think you're going crazy yet, give yourself a few more years!
Our Jeep does the same door thing when it's really cold outside, which is frequently around here. I have to push the part that should latch the door to the car in and out, and say nice encouraging words to make the door close. It happens to me all of the time and very rarely does it happen to Jeremy.
This reminds me of when my sister used to say, "Spacy Lacy's done it again!" :)
Post a Comment