Cheesy title, yes I know :) In high school a group of guys nick named me 'the Big Cheese' sometimes it was shortened to Cheesy.
Last night my parents were in town and actually didn't have any plans amazingly enough. My husband had school from 6-9, but I so badly was wanting to go out. I bathed the kids, got them in bed, and showered with lightening speed. O.K. I only got Jadelyn in bed, Jordan refused ...and I let him. He was left to torment my parents and their popcorn.
The last time Derek and I went out was ...ummm I don't even know! I can't recall if it was when we were in Vegas or when we went to the Who Done it Date. Either way it's been way too long. When I plan the dates...I get to plan the date. I was wanting to see Bride Wars or Twilight, but I thought Derek might enjoy Twilight more so that was my first pick. Well, He got home at 9:10, it takes at least 15 min. to get to the theatre, and I wasn't completly beautified yet. I was quite frustrated that I can't seem to get where I want to be when I want to be there, but I got over it. We didn't leave the house until 9:38 and thus would be 10 minutes late for even my second pick. That isn't completly below us. We very seldom make the first 15 minutes of a movie :) However we decided to do something else instead. We had really great conversation on our way to NazzKart and I love the seat warmer in our car. We played 4 games of pool at nazzkart for a whopping $2 total. Derek was having an unusally off night and I won 3 games. ...Ok I didn't really win, he just lost. He scratched on the 8-ball 3 times in a row. However I did have an occasional great shot :) Pool is not my game. I do like playing though, and I love wathcing my husband play and having him help me. The date was my treat and it was kind of fun to the one with dough calling the shots. hehe We got some pop, orange creme for me and lemonade for him --truly important details-- and then we played Guitar Hero. I LOVE guitar hero. Derek has played a couple of times before but last night was my first. I'm smitten! I did beat him on 2 rounds, even on the medium levels and was 1 point off on another song. We had so much fun. We were there for a little over 2 hours, had a blast together (I Looked great by the way hahaha) and our grand total was $11.50. Much more interaction than a movie and quite a bit cheaper.
We got home around 12:15. Derek & Bo gave me the grand tour of the whelping box they had built for our very pregnant Phoenix dog and then the 3 of us spent several hours discussing the gospel of Jesus Christ, several philisophical ideas, and dreams. It was really great. Someday I'll manage to get enough sleep and I think my body will thouroughly thank me. Derek and school from 9-4 today. :( I made abelskivers with the new Danish Aebelskiver pan my husband surprised me with and then me my mom, Jordan, and Jadleyn waslked to Volleyball. It's been a nice Saturday.
Happy last day of January to you all!
It was a very nice ending to our month.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Night out with My Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That sounds like a fun date night!
As for your comment - it took me a couple tries, but I figured it out :)
I'm so glad you had a fun night! Next time I'd love to see pictures!
OOOOHHH!! THAT SOUNDS SO FUN! I am so glad you got a night out--pictures next time, PLEASE???? I would have loved to see it!
Yea! for date nights.
P.S. Your probably, quite possibly, maybe, with just a little doubt NOT crazy! :) love ya.
Post a Comment