Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Clever-LESS

These are Pictures of Jadelyn and my nephew Tysen being ninjas.




Lately I haven't had the time or the where with to be clever on my posts or put too much thought into them. Thus I haven't been posting. I have realized that that's a lame thing to do so even if I don't have ground breaking news I will post, even if it's just a thought for the day. As a result my posts might be even less enjoyable to read OR you might really love reading them because they will be shorter. None the less, I will enjoy reading them next year when I've forgotten all of my todays.
I broke a brush today. We stayed up way too late last night and I woke up at 8:30, the time the tardy belle rings at school. There is only one of me and since I'm the only one who gets Jadleyn up and ready, she was still in bed. Anyway, she was so tired and neither of us had much patience. Our morning was very hurried. I remained calm through all of her irrational exhausted outbursts of how she can't eat her banana because it's too slimy or how I'm so mean because I didn't pick out 'the right' altfit. I was frustrated but my voice was clam and I was patient. Even when the brush flew out of my hand and onto the floor 5 ft away I was still pretty calm. (the brush was not thrown in anyones direction by the way) Maybe that's why I was able to remain calm in spite lack of sleep and building frustration, all of it went with the brush. Anyway, the brush broke, which completely sent my daughter over the edge. I ended up holding her banana for her while she took bites and we put her hair in a pony tail without brushing. NOne of it was worth well, throwing a brush over :) I don't know why I throw things, ok well, I do, it's in my DNA or something, but it makes no sense. Why cant things stay in my hand when I'm angry? However I am grateful that my once a year vice only involves hurting a brush. Any thoughts on anger, controlling it, and why people throw? I've never and will never hit anywone or physically hurt anyone in anyway, but sometimes those objects in my hand just want so badly to be flung across the room. Oh my, I sound like a crazy person. oh, anyway, later today Jadelyn sweetly said "Mom, I'm really sorry I made you break the brush" Her sweetness instantly humbled me and I had to soflty giggle as I told her that it wasn't her fault I broke the brush, it was my own choice and I need to control myself better. Poor Jadelyn, Even though I think this is the only time she's seen me throw something I really need to make sure it's the last. I don't want it written into her DNA as well. O.k. I don't know how any of that came across but please know I'm a good mom. Now I'm really hoping you all have secret vices that are a little shameful. Then mabye you won't judge mine so harshly. The first step to change is realization and confession right? Anyone else want to confess their anger realeases or otherwise self incriminating vices?
To end my post on a more uplifting note... My son is officially a walker! He is so darn cute waddling around. He gets very pleased with himself when he doesn't fall down and I love watching him. Jadelyn made a really yummy raspberry smoothie today and she really enjoyed school and dance, not even one grumble. Also, I had an epifony about treating others with dignity and kindness.
Did I say this would be shorter? . . . .oops

2 comments:

amanda said...

i am with you...your blog is for you to read later...and your kids will love it someday too.

Cassie and Mark said...

You are a great mom and I love reading your blog!