This morning (Tues) neither Jadelyn or I were rested and we rushed like cranky mad women to get her to school. Right after I buckled her in her seat, I ,hurrying, flung open my driver door and ran it right into my forehead. It hurt really badly! As I growled like a bear and jumped up and down holding my head my sweet daughter asked "oh mom,what happened" I was still in my growly voice as I said "I hit my head with the door!, mama can't talk right now, give me a second" Then after my head stopped throbbing and ringing quit so loudly, I said "I'm sorry I yelled, I wasn't mad at you, My head just hurt really badly and I'm cranky and tired." We then talked about controlling our tempers and how she can practice now when she's 4 so that when she's a mama she controls herself better than I do. It was actually hot already (even at 8:30) so she got to wear a skirt, which she loves! I thought she looked so cute and schoolish in her orange and white striped skirt , White shirt, and doggy ears held with orange pony tail holders. Today was insect day at pre-school and she made the cutest bumble bee bracelet. Those with kids; activity idea! you'll need an empty toilet paper roll (cut in half, one makes to bracelets) and then slit vertically so it can fit on the wrist, black and yellow paint for big ol' stripes, pipe cleaner for antenna (yellow or black) and tissue paper for wings (really any color you want). Put it together quick and simple and they are the bee. Their finger can be the stinger. You can use it as a learning activity to discuss bee facts (if you know some) and teach them about how can usually only sting once because they lose their stingers, wasps can sting many times.
OH! back to the clumsy day...Once at work, my wound was very visible. I had a huge lump on my forehead and it was white except for the scraped part in the center. I went down front to ask L something and she said "whoa, what happened to your head" After I explained my story I put something on C's desk and on the way from her desk I rammed my knee into her partially opened drawer! Everyone was cracking up seeins how I just got done explaining my other injury story. That's not at all...I went up the ramp into the middle room to discus a job with C and when I turned around I ran my hip into the desk. Then literally 10 steps after that I ran into someone! Ch. witnessed those last 3 clumsinesses and she couldn't control her laughter. We all agreed the bump on my head made me EXTRA clumsy and I probably just shouldn't move for a while. those for incidents happened within an hour! I left work quite early because Derek had been up all night puking Auction food and He wasn't doing well.
The rest of our day consisted of watching Emry and Trenton, talking with Kari, making dinner, reading stories, and having ice cream cones. Derek was ill most of the day. When it came to dinner time this is all he wanted to eat. I feel like we did so much more than that but I can't recall what it was. I think I had to make quite a few phone calls.
Well, that was a glimpse from my clumsy day.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Clumsy Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey--where is the rest of the story?? And why does it have a rating now??
I'm not sure about the rating thing...know how to get it off? and the rest of the sroty was being writte..hahaha, I posted in the middle. oops sorry Rach :)
Oh, my sweet sweet Lacy! You poor thing!! I would've been so upset and frustrated, much to others' delight! :) I'm sure you remained very poised during the last stretch of bumps. LOL! Right?
I sure hope today goes much better for you!
Post a Comment