Saturday, May 10, 2008

Prelude to Mothers Day

hooray! After this post I will be ll caught up!
Well, remember how I said my Thursday was full and draining and I handled it very well? Today was one I DIDN"T handle so well. It was doomed to fail as soon as I opened my eyes. There were plenty of sunshine moments that's for sure, but today was one of those days I had to work VERY hard at. My patience was gone even before I got out of bed. Not a good start. My constantly patient, and today very persceptive husband helped my slowly feel better. The highlight of my day was opening my mothers Day gifts. Derek will be out of town tomorrow so we did it today. He and Jadelyn had their own little outing and picked out my card and gift. She is so sweet. She was beaming every time she talked about the surprise they got me. She's been bursting all week trying to keep in the information of what she made me at school. She told me "I'll just give you a hint, it's blue and yellow" Then today she said "I'll give you another hint, you put it in your bath" I told her I wanted it to be a surprise for when I opened it and she said "well, you don't know what it smells like...that's the surprise." She gave me her handprint in a ceramic circle that she had painted along with a sweet poem. The blue and yellow gift was a bottle of bath salts that she got to arrange, the smell was just a pretty flowery smell, nothing I could label. She gave me the card the she had added her own little message and personal touches to. She had Derek write "Mother dear I love you so" My gift from everyone was a BEAUTIFUL black tote for my beautiful white temple clothes. VERY EXCITING!
I'm stating a diet on Monday (no comments from the peanut gallery please) I'm not really a diet gal, but I found one I think will help lose this little (ok not so little) gift of fluff my son left behind on my tummy. We'll see if I'm satisfied with the results in 11 days and if so I'll let ya all know what it is In case you have some baby fluff you'd like to lose. Anyway, I needed to go to the store tonight so I would be ready to start my diet Monday morning. While at the store Jadelyn just lead the way, putting both wanted and unwanted things into the cart. One of the things she non chalantly put in there was a beautiful orchid corsage. I said what's that for, she looked at me and said "for you for mothers day tomorrow" I thought it was a very sweet gesture and although was buying it I left it in, because hey, I'd love to wear a pretty pink orchid on my dress tomorrow that is a gift from my girl.
As I was feeding my oh so sleepy boy a few hours ago, I was thinking of how I'm doing what I've always wanted to do. I remember when I first decided I wanted to be a mother, I was 3. Being a mom has been my dream. I feel so blessed to have these 2 amazing spirits in my home. They seem much wiser than me at times. Sometimes it breaks my heart to realize that I'm not as good at this mom thing as they deserve. When I was little somehow I imagined it being much easier. I just knew it would happen magically and I would be the best mother ever. Well, there definitely has been some magic and miracles, but I have a long way to go before I reach the best mom ever award.... For now, I'll take my pink corsage. (I wish I could take a picture of it *big frown*)

No comments: